Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Scale 1980 Trans-Am

modelmatt

I built this monster 8 years ago. I had to take the dust off it and give it a polish. Its no were near what I would do with it today, knowing what I know now. I wouldn't mind building another one if they weren't selling for 300.00 or so. I think I paid close to that then. It was a bidding war on E-Bay....It just about fit in my spray booth :huh:

IMG_4527.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4528.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

IMG_4533.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4535.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4532.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful 'Bird Matt!

I had one of these too, but it got lost/damaged in a move. :(

Each time I see one of these on the 'Bay, I try to bid on it, but I get beat every time by a STAGGERING amount! One of these days though..............

What I REALLY want is the '79......those were the last of the big blocks, and I like the hood scoop better on that one.

Oh man, that brings back some memories!  I built one back in the '80s. I even installed light bulbs in the headlights.  That was a nice looking model!  The black plastic was so shiny and flawless that I didn't even paint it. Just applied the decals (just like on the real car).  But is was a very large model - I tossed it when I moved in early '90s. I wish I had it now (the kit or the 1:1 car). :)

• 1 month later...