Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slumpbuster 55 300 (curbside)

exesivefire

Spent yesterday really trying to make enough progress on my 29 build to get it ready for paint. In hopes that I could still make Saturday's fast approaching deadline for the Buckeye classic. That plan did not go well and I had to call it, I just don't want to start cutting corners and rushing on a build I have put that much work in. That being said, it has been over a year since I have finished anything and I figured a quick (and dirty) curbside might be just what the Dr. ordered.

Plans are not 100% but I am having fun again and I am pretty sure that is the point.

Going for the driven patina look, entertaining the idea of patina on the main body and a candy paint on the roof. stance will obviously be in the weeds and the rest will probably work itself as I go. You may even notice my trying out several wheel/tire combos as we go here.

Started by drilling a few holes and removing the main trim.

747F1BA4-0843-4B38-9CB1-B5C6244650DD_zps

after scribing lines deeper and removing some mold lines I got it in the first coat of primer.

067498BB-0D03-4F4F-940E-2B4923B7C55B_zps

while that was drying I got to work on a pair of bomber style seats

599E51AE-51EA-42F3-AC6A-CAB18D85CBE4_zps

multi color primer is fun

4F33D4BE-1E8D-4F92-8253-BC54012430C8_zps

trying more wheels after primer.

Edited by exesivefire

I thank you all for your words of encouragement.

It is amazing what a set of wheels and tires will do for the attitude of a build and is something I take rather seriously. I haven't decided yet, but I think once the paint starts, that might help steer me in the right direction.

I like what you've done so far with this project.You should use what ever wheels YOU like,not what everyone else likes,your build,your choice.Great decision to not rush your '29 to make a deadline.That almost always ends in regret.Thanks for sharing!

Just put my head down and got to work today, final assembly and I should have it ready to finish up in the morning. Pretty happy with how its turning out. Sure its just a curbside and not uber detailed, but it has been fun to build and I haven't finished anything in over a year. Seeing the finish line on something is really satisfying.

Couple interior pics before I glued it in the body

B51FFF42-CD1A-4881-B98E-6EA67D57BEFE_zps

And what I spent most of the day doing.. spent a little bit polishing out the roof and a lot of bit applying bare metal foil. BMF and installing the windows are always the most nerve wracking things to me so they are super gratifying tasks after completion. 

109BFC5C-4113-4789-A803-C8FF832B43B5_zps

with any luck the next update will be "under glass"

Edited by exesivefire

Love it!   That interior overspray thing even looks better in the big pictures...awesome quick work pal..... and it probably will have more than enough time to out gas before the trip to Columbus... I don't want you stankin up my spark.  :D haha