Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grim Reaper Tom Daniel Chopper

I'm just about to finish a 1/12th Revell chopper and was looking on ebay for my next one and spotted this one also. Looks like a nice build with lots of neat parts.

It is a neat kit, and I had never seen it when it was first issued so not sure if it is up to the same standards. I do know that there are parts that usually come chrome plated but are not. A lot of the motor parts are not plated as is the gas cap and front forks not plated either, but that does not matter because the front forks would probably be better not plated as there is a loooot of clean up on them. The mold did not match when closed and there is a huge parting line all the away around the front forks that needs to be sanded flat. Also filled in the open area where I guess they tried to save money on molding..... But other wise a really cool bike back out, I am hoping some day they bring back the evil iron chopper, that one I will buy several cases when they do come out to stock up on.....

I'll post some pics later today. I went with Root Beer metallic. I re-did the forks in round tubing, and I'm Alcadding it up now.

I Love the root beer metallic from testors that stuff is killer, Yeah i am not a fan at all with the square tubing, For this one Ill leave that way the second one I bought may go with the round. Yes would love to see some pics that would be awesome as I am on the ropes with this one just building as I go no set plan...

FullSizeRender%2810%29.jpg.opt570x760o0%

FullSizeRender%289%29.jpg.opt570x427o0%2

IMG_5127.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_5128.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_5130.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

Finally got the forks attached to the bike, I never liked having to trap the forks in the frame because of the seam running down the neck. So i drill out both parts and run a piece of aluminum tubing through both, Which makes painting easy for both the fork and frame, You can put a dowel thru the hole in each to hold while you paint.

Mine is in the purple pond. I shot some Martin Seynour Lizard skin over white primer and decided to change the color. I'll start my own thread soon. Looking forward to seeing some new shots D.

Looking forward to seeing it. I am tossing around ideas for the oil tank and other things right at the moment.

IMG_5288.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_5289.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

IMG_5290.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

redoing the handle bars, I like the way they look with the bike in the pic with the brass knuck jockey shifter. Drilled out and using large diameter solder for the bars, its really soft thou, not to sure how it will hold up with handling and over time....

IMG_5291.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP\

also thinking I may try to use these for head lights.....

Edited by Darren B

IMG_5349.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

almost happy with the scratch built brass knuckles for the shifter....the camera does add width to objects, this thing looks a lot thinner in person but on the screen the thickness of the plastic looks a lot thicker.

Edited by Darren B