Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photos of masters of upcoming kits 59 Imperial LeBaron 4 dr sedan and Ht.

My curiosity grows and grows...........I wonder how much trouble it would be to adapt the AMT '57 Chrysler 300C's chassis to this? The '59's were still body-on-frame construction (through '66?), but I'm not sure on the wheelbases between the two. It's the same scale between the two of them, so it shouldn't be too much work.

Now for engines, that might be another story............ :huh:

I like that Southhampton!

Same here Ron! Can't have enough four door hardtops!

Cool!  Very, very impressive work on that sedan roof – profile looks great!

Wheelbase on the Imperial was 129". Chrysler New Yorker, Saratoga, 300, was 126". But I'm sure the AMT 300 chassis would work with a little stretch. Basis for the 413 can probably be found in some Mopar kit from the '60s - I think the whole 361, 383, 413, 426 wedge, 440 series are basically similar for modeling purposes.

I'm always interested in a four door hardtop; even in resin, you don't see a lot of the four door hardtop variety - sedans, yes, but not many hardtops. Count me in for this and the '66 CS!  I can hardly wait!

Cool!  Very, very impressive work on that sedan roof – profile looks great!

Wheelbase on the Imperial was 129". Chrysler New Yorker, Saratoga, 300, was 126". But I'm sure the AMT 300 chassis would work with a little stretch. Basis for the 413 can probably be found in some Mopar kit from the '60s - I think the whole 361, 383, 413, 426 wedge, 440 series are basically similar for modeling purposes.

The AMT '71 Charger R/T will give you a great Wedge engine with al of the accessories. To make it correct looking for the '59 Imperial engine, a JoHan '62-3 Plymouth will give you the right Air Cleaner.

If I can make a suggestion.

With what the model king 59 imperial kits cost today on the secondary market .  It might be more cost effective / sales tool to just offer a complete kit. 

As opposed to paying ..lets say $75 (purely a guess / estimate on my part)

Then add another  $40- $60 for a Parts kit might turn some buyers away. 

Just thinking out loud on my part

Edited by gtx6970

• 1 month later...

"At the eBay Races with your hosts Ted and Fred"

...And they're off and running!

Ted, g***m has taken over the lead with a double bid at $390; a***i, o***e and r***r are in the middle of the pack holding at the low-$200 level while newcomer 4***7 is breathing down g***m's neck at $385! What a race!

Yes, Fred, g***m is on the comeback trail after that heartbreaking $10.00 outbid loss to y***a on the '70 Coronet last week! Let's see if he can hold on to that lead among these worthy adversaries!

:D

(Seriously, Paul, sweet build! Hope I can do one soon!)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Masterful build for sure! Interestingly, one of my bros bought a '59 4-door hardtop Imperial last summer for $800. It had sat in the garage of the second owner since '81, and we had it faithfully running and driving in less than a week. All told, the purchase price of the car, and the parts to fix it only cost about $150 more than this build! I'm stoked on buying this resin kit, and the hardtop when they become available..