Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage tractor/trailer motorhome

You know...I have seen this pic before.  Upon further examination...look up vintage school buses or vintage buses and find the frontend that matches.  It is probably something like a greyhound or trailways judging from the sign space on the roof.  I think someone had an assload of buses and hacked them together IMHO.

PS...check International Harvester buses.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

I'm n

I don't know anything about this rig, other than the trailer appears to possibly have been made from an old bus. I like the looks anyway. Anybody here know what the tractor is? 

An early 5th wheel with tow vehicle

Not sure, but it looks like right hand drive. Is that a steering wheel on the right side?

Good call. One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm pretty sure the photo was shot in Australia.

Looking a little further, it appears to be an Australian trailer bus. There's a bit of information about them on the internet. Even a site called busaustralia with a forum thread about them.

I don't know anything about this rig, other than the trailer appears to possibly have been made from an old bus. I like the looks anyway. Anybody here know what the tractor is? 

This got my interest up as being a bit different. I came on this page that seems to be a same bus. It's said to be a 40's White in Australia. Said to have been restored in Brisbane in 2008. http://www.bus-and-coach-photos.com/picture/number703.asp

• 2 weeks later...