Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Zephyr gas station

fairlane1320

Great thread. I have scratch built two stations myself and am really enjoying watching your building process. Thanks for sharing and taking the extra time to photograph all the individual steps and post them. These just might help other builders to get started on their own projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thx guys :D

I received the toilets and sinks from Scale Equipment. They are very nice, and come with everything shown here. 

2v2J14AEoxfjhLg.jpg

2v2J14AJzxfjhLg.jpg

I did some measuring and found the toilets are slightly undersized; the sinks are way too big. So I "resized" the sinks to fit the tiny bathrooms.

2v2J14AQjxfjhLg.jpg

2v2J14A1zxfjhLg.jpg

Here's the finished women's toilet. I glued a piece of clear plastic in with Elmers glue to simulate water.

For a look at the "realistic" gas station men's toilet (not for the easily offended!), click here........

http://public.fotki.com/fordflashback/dioramas/gas-station-1/1520210354476.html

2v2JpGz22xfjhLg.jpg

And the attendant's uniform is getting some detailing too....

2v2J14Aw3xfjhLg.jpg

I decided the station needed a candy machine, so I threw one together today. I found a photo of a vintage candy dispenser, added my fav candy bars and printed it out on photo paper.

2v2JcZhJCxfjhLg.jpg

Next I made a simple plastic box and glued the images on. I used brass rod for the legs.

2v2JcZhQqxfjhLg.jpg