Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Merc Colony Park Wagon finished and ready to cast.

Just the same, that looks nigh perfect Paul!

I used to hate wagons when I was a kid and then later when I started driving, now I wouldn't mind one because you don't see them, and I'm certainly not a fan of SUV's or minivans!

Edited by MrObsessive

Paul just on the slim chance would this body fit the '66 mercury? I have an extra one of those but no extras of the '64's

Maybe, but note that the 65 Mercury is completely different from the 63-64. Interior is different, and the chassis changed from leaf springs in the rear to coils and front suspension changed too.  Frame also totally different.

If you have a 64 Galaxie that would be closer as a donor. 

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I will try and answer a few of the questions. Yes they will have plated parts, a 66 Merc kit wont work because it doesn't have the correct hood or front bumper. I will be offering a 66 Merc Colony Park trans kit in the future. What are the Galaxie wheel covers for the 66 MY?

MY=Model year.

I was hoping the Bronco wheelcovers (the rear ones without the 4WD hubs) would be correct for a regular '66, but from what I hear, they're undersized. Can anyone measure a set and tell us the actual diameter? Maybe they can be adapted with a ring around them.

Edited by ChrisBcritter