Model Cars Magazine Forum

They have beaten the story line to death. The next installment should have the title " enough already"... Sequalitis has ruined this film after about the 3rd go around. IMO.

That may be true, but they're still making MONEY after 7 movies, and that is the "name of the game." It has nothing to do with story lines, or whether 27 people don't like the series as It's all about money.

Always thought this "Car" movie franchise was a bit far fetched and I have never sat through any of them, in a theater or on TV. The fact that they are on the 7th installment and probably have a few more in the planning stages says a lot about their audience.

I did state at the end of that post that was " In My Opinion".  This post is in the "general" section , is it not? From what has already been posted here, I'd say others share the same view of this film, but it's  ONLY AN OPINION.....  :rolleyes:

Kevin , the first should have been the last . I work in the movie business as a Prop master and rental agent . There too, I once lived in Hollywood and after you see beyond the "Glitz " , it's a nice city with over priced real estate , too much crime and people too full of themselves ....

I askly like the films, I will say Tokyo Drift was one of them that was made way to early. I can't wait to April 14 gets here as my family and my mother-in-law (mom) is planning on going seeing Fast 8. Also for you all that keeps saying there is no story line, There in deed a Story line at Fast 5 and up. Fast 5 and up are the way better films of the sega if you ask me. The title is called Fast and Furious.. which means that are fast at what they do, and Furious about what they are doing. Also talk about this one hoping to be the last one, I heard from very good sources that they plan to do up to Fast and Furious 10. From the looks of what I saw so far, I think Fast 8 will be a very good movie. I agree that the first few movies they did back in 2000 was not so good. It wasn't till around Fast 5 when it started to get really good with good story lines.

Also there is a film out there that makes fun of the films as well, it's called Superfast, but I will say that film is down right funny to watch and it for some of will make you laugh.

I enjoy these movies in the same way I enjoy a good superhero movie. We go knowing that it is going to be stupid and unrealistic. That is expected and part of the suspension of disbelief. It's like going to a Clint Eastwood or Chuck Norris or Bruce Willis movie and believing they actually do all the things shown on the screen. I just sit back and watch.

I heard that they were planning to do 10 of these F&F movies. Maybe the last one will have Dom taking on a bunch of crazed bargain shoppers in a WalMart while riding his highly modified Hover-Round scooter! Maybe he'll be driving his Charger with the left blinker going to the early bird special at Luby's?

It's like going to a Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood has made some amazing movies!

Grand Torino, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby & Trouble with the Curve .

Not to mention recent movies he has directed, & or produced, like American Sniper, Letters from Iwo Jima & Flags of our Fathers, just to name a few.

These cartoon car movies are not even on the same continent, let alone the same ballpark.

I've been looking forward to seeing this movie. I liked the last ones. 

Everyone likes different things. For example I could never see why so many people are crazy for American Graffiti or Duel.

American Graffiti is an iconic classic, right up there with Gone with the Wind or The Wizard of Oz.

Not much of a comparison there. ;)

Steve