Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Lawman!

Crizila

AMT's latest venture in to Super Stock.  Over all nice kit.  Lots of extras, including Torque thrust mags and several decal schemes.  I went with the early version of his car.  Paint scheme was probably the hardest part of the build.

lawman3.jpg

lawman4.jpg

lawman2.jpg

lawman1.jpg

I like this one a lot.

I just painted mine yesterday actually and had several areas with bleed under from the red in several places. Not sure how I'm going to proceed, if at all with this one.

I anticipated this same problem ( bleed under ) and had it in several areas also - so I decided not paint the white, but left it per the plastic mold color.  It was then relatively easy to scrape off the red with a #11 knife where the bleed under occurred.  I clear coated it all anyway after the decals were installed. :)

One way to prevent the bleeding is to spray a clear coat (gloss or matte depending on the finish under the tape) that will seal the tape join, then follow up with your contrasting colour. It is more work, yet worthwhile.

Cheers Misha

Edited by Misha
spelling

One way to prevent the bleeding is to spray a clear coat (gloss or matte depending on the finish under the tape) that will seal the tape join, then follow up with your contrasting colour. It is more work, yet worthwhile.

Cheers Misha

Great tip - yes, I have done that in the past and it works real good.

Great build!  This is a magazine from my collection that I thought I would share with you in case you haven't seen this cover before.

IMG_4232.thumb.jpg.228b22a36dd52a44e1445

Never saw that pic before.  Cool!  Thanks.  Interesting that back in the day nobody was wrinkling slicks on the starting line.  Wrinkle walls were not around back then.  My 79 300 with 11.5 lbs in the tires..

Moby Dick as SIR.jpg