Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1929 Model-A Roadster ArtDeco/Streamliner

Impalow

I finally got around to taking some good photos for an under glass post...   Sadly I kinda already "gave away the farm" over on the project log... but oh well, I was excited.

This was built for the Buckeye Classic- Ohio Challenge...  which for 2017 was the Revell 1929 Roadster built anyway you want it...

All/most of the details are over here in the project log: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/119211-1929-model-a-roadster-artdecocoachbuiltstreamliner-done/

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement on this project!!!!   This board is an amazing place!!

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG

IMG_2961.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

IMG_2973.JPG

IMG_2974.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

Book Cover.jpg

Edited by Impalow

Thank you all!

This is the best model I have seen in some time. How did the Ohio contest turn out?

Thank you!!!    I did manage to bring home the Ohio challenge win...   Probably 10-12 great looking Model A's in the challenge... This project was something I had wanted to do for awhile, the contest deadline just gave me the motivation to get on it, and finish it.

Next years challenge is the Moebius Comet Cylcone... So if anyone wants to participate, just get started building.. i'm a bit clueless on this one... :wacko:

Superb work all the way through, and happy that you played your hand and "gave away the farm" to document the build. If it inspires just one person to stretch their wings on a similar project, you've succeeded. Congrats on the win, can't wait to see this in person.

I was watching "in progress" on this model......absolutely stunning!  Certainly one of the finest builds I have ever seen on this site and that is saying something because there are a good number of phenomenal builders here!!!  Superior design and execution!! 

As someone who has been lucky enough to see it up close and personal as well as watch the build in real time, I can honestly say this is one of the nicest models I have ever seen created. Pictures do not do the amount of thought and detail put into this justice in any way. In real life it almost doesn't seem real.

hope you are making room for all the new awards you will be bringing home this year

Edited by exesivefire