Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Show Kart"

exesivefire

just a quick and fun creative exercise, started this Sunday night and finished up Monday night after work. I built it for our club's meeting theme tonight "2 seaters" 

It was really a lot more fun that I anticipated and it was a nice break to kind of use my imagination and not take a build so seriously. All made from sheet styrene and parts I've had in the parts bin (wheels, tires, engine etc..) Would have liked to had time to put a coat of clear on it, but other than that I am happy with the end result and it was a good way to use up some parts I might not have ever done anything with.

just a quick and fun creative exercise, started this Sunday night and finished up Monday night after work. I built it for our club's meeting theme tonight "2 seaters" 

It was really a lot more fun that I anticipated and it was a nice break to kind of use my imagination and not take a build so seriously. All made from sheet styrene and parts I've had in the parts bin (wheels, tires, engine etc..) Would have liked to had time to put a coat of clear on it, but other than that I am happy with the end result and it was a good way to use up some parts I might not have ever done anything with.

4AA57034-6ACD-47F8-BBF7-BE313A67E957_zps

420B26EE-2113-4089-9F6E-6A56F26D9B0D_zps

1587CEC0-EE63-4709-BD44-407B834ECFDF_zps

3D22BB54-C183-45F5-8BA7-9F15BC25385A_zps

You are so right, 'Don't take model building so seriously, it's all about our creative juices, do something different every month or so, just chill. What does it really matter if the colour is not factory stock, or the wheels are different or the engine. Or if it's turned into a woody or something, that the factory didn't build. I personally don't like factory stock because the cars, no matter where they come from are boring because they throw out thousands, think, (excuse the pun) outside the box! I can't remember when I did 'a box stock' without adding/changing something!

Edited by PatW