Model Cars Magazine Forum

Al Eckstrands Lawman 1964 Plymouth

gtx6970

Another one Ive been wanting to build for along long time.  Plan is correct a few errors in the kit . Such as- the actual 2 door hardtop car had a a bench seat , so I am taking an extra rear seat from another kit and making my own . I'm going to try to make the Johan fender-well headers fit this kit ( that might be a feat in itself ) If not, I'll just use the kit supplied headers , And yes  I managed to break the quarter window mldgs  out , but those 'should ' be an easy fix .

Colors are Duplicolor  gloss white  , then taped it up  and did a light coat of Duplicolor gloss red and then one light coat of Mopars Prowler Orange lacquer. The red undercoat brings out the red in the top coat considerably. Once the decals are completely dry, I'll detail the emblems and clear it all to protect it .

20170322_134921.jpg

20170322_135014.jpg

Good start so far Bill, I did notice that your scales are upside down.. Easy fix ...

Oh man, Glad you said something. I messed that up big time. Glad the clear wasn't on yet .

Dug out my spare Fred Cady sheet and redid them . Thanks

Tomorrow it gets cleared

Small update, Got my front bench seat made,,using an extra rear seat and some sheet stryene. I did cut the  side of it near where the hinge is on the 1/1 . So  I could stand the back rest portion up a little, then added some round stock on the bottom to insure it stays upright . Paint is a satin acrylic from Micheal's. I'm not 100% convinced its dead on. But its close enough for my book. All the chrome accents on the interior is the chrome pen ( except the plated instrument cluster obviously )

Started on the bare metal foil process ( my least favorite job )  With the paint edge bleed  issues I had on this one,. I ended up fixing them with a very small brush the best I could . Then cleared over the whole car . Held in your hand you can see my repairs, but even then it has to be at a certain angle . But at arms length, its looks perfect.  I'm  actually thinking it might turn out better then I  expected.

20170325_123816.jpg

20170325_115812.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

I like it!  Seat mod is great.  I'm not a bare metal foil fan ether. I used a combo of foil and chrome paint on the trim.  Chrome pen??  Where did you get it?

Thanks, since this pic was taken, I realized the seat back need to be 2 separate portions. . Ive since sliced it down the center of the back rest portion to look like 2 individual  sections and touched up the paint. Much better.

Chrome pens I bought both the 1mm and 2 mm pens on Amazon thru Graff Limited , one was 9.95 and  the other was 10.95 . Try them, for things like interior door handles and steering wheel spokes / horn rings  they are perfect .

Interior is done. ( well except I now see I have  to put another coat of tan on the pkg shelf area. )

Made my own front bench seat using a rear seat from a second kit . And added a turn signal lever to the steering column and added a auto brake pedal to backside of the dash .  Also ground the molded in  4 spd shifter hump off the floor pan ( 1/1 car was push button auto on the dash )  then covered it with a metallic brown embossing powder for carpet

20170327_135109.jpg

20170327_135127.jpg

20170327_135133.jpg

Edited by gtx6970