• Announcements

• Board Upgrade   04/23/2017

Unfortunately, we were unable to upgrade the board software due to some technical difficulties. We will try again once we get the problems worked out. 

Teresi / Blair : 1/8 Scale "Italiano" Buick V8 Drag Bike ...On The Workbench 3/23/17

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Going very well.

How did you layout the rear axe plates?

Are you going to build all of the iconic bikes of the '60's and '70's?

Hi Steve........just freehand  drawn out and filed .......then eyeballed into place.......I still need to fine sand and add addjusting screws.......I grew with this bike so it`s kinda special......thanks

Posted

Hello........I made a seat.......I could`nt  find anything that looked to scale .......so I cut little diamonds out of styrene and glued them on to  the seat pattern......it`s not perfect......but,good enough for the girls I go with......I will clean up the edges, primer, paint......then I will add the piping .......thanks for looking.

Posted

Few more WIP pics.......thanks.

Posted

Looking good John, nice scratching on the seat quilting...

Man, your dad must have the Xtra Lrg size cahones for punching that thing while straddling it!!

Following 

Posted

Few more WIP pics.......thanks.

DSCF3553_zpschhx5t7a.jpg

DSCF3552_zpslcnytmsc.jpg

DSCF3550_zpsetzmr4bp.jpg

DSCF3549_zps3vd2kacc.jpg

I think this is a great Idea, John You, or Someone, should contact Evergreen Styrene Co and have them make diamond shapes with rounded cut edges for this specific purpose in different scales. That is just too cool. 

Posted

Hi John, excellent work so far, as usual. I do have a question about the intake though. When I look at how the ends of the intake compare with the inner exhaust port I am having a hard time figuring out how the end cylinders connect with the intake. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mike 

Posted (edited)

Hi John, excellent work so far, as usual. I do have a question about the intake though. When I look at how the ends of the intake compare with the inner exhaust port I am having a hard time figuring out how the end cylinders connect with the intake. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mike 

Hi Mike.......your not missing anything......I just messed up and made it wrong......I am making a new one......Thanks:)

Edited by John Teresi

Posted

I learn a lot every time I stop by one of your threads John.  That's very creative the way you did that.  cheers

Posted

Awesome work, John!

Posted

I think those diamond tufts would look just that much better had you sanded their edges and created a puffiness to them.

Still awesome no matter what drivel comes out of my pie hole.

Posted

Hello.....Tim,Art,Bob.......thank you for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I modified a parts box distributor......and made some plug wires ,  boots and spark plugs.......thanks for looking

Posted

Going well.

RB Motion carrys tons of stuff , like the spark/coil boots....I use a lot of it.

Posted

Really coming together John. Outstanding display of talent as usual. 

Posted

Great work as usual John.  Who offers the sheet of bolt heads shown?

Posted

Hey JC those bolt heads and nuts are really nice to work with I have a bunch of different sizes!

vince

Posted

Wow John, as always it's a treat to watch what you do!!!!!!! Love the detail in the seat and top tube padding!!!!!!!! The engine detail is looking great too!!!!!! Great stuff!!!!!!!!

Posted

The plugs look awesome, John!

Posted (edited)

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I made a display for this model just for "Shits and Giggles" and to pass the time till GSL next week......then I will finish this bike after GSL......all I need to do is just paint the bike and put it together......my good  friend supplied me with the goodies to make the display.......here is a picture of what I wanted to do....I changed it up a bit......My talanted little Brother Vince made the Scales sign and printed it out from his computer,thanks for your help Vince......and it can be used for 1/8 or 1/16 scale models........thanks for looking

11224515_1002764189775904_48131934478011

DSCF3569_zps4hes5sxu.jpg

DSCF3574_zpsio2otzpy.jpg

DSCF3576_zpsw4gvqwem.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Posted (edited)

Few more WIP pics.......thanks

DSCF3573_zpssywh8ohp.jpg

DSCF3572_zpsib8lyn91.jpg

DSCF3571_zpsl5cxy42o.jpg

DSCF3570_zpsupwoezqj.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Posted

great work John 

... lotsa oil leakage though. Do they drag British cars there or something?

Posted

Koolness!!!!!!

Posted

Can you say wow boys and girls? ... yes you can.

Posted

Love what you're doing on this build John.  Thanks too for sharing that photo, always love seeing great pics like that.  cheers