Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chaparral 2H

Dave B

Have just finished my resin slush mould of Mini Exotics 2H.  A mate managed to pic up a unbuilt version and offered it to me so, being lazy, I took a quick silicon of the body and a one piece mould of a front and rear wheel/tyre assembly and a resin of the windscreen.  I've never tried a 2 piece mould, maybe I should one day!!  Anyway, after scratch building the rear wing and supports, front spoilers, interior, body deflectors and deepening the side NASA vents I have finally finished it.  I used MCG Dzus fasteners and luckily had a set of Fred Cady Chaparral decals  spare in the decal box. It's not perfect and doesn't reflect any particular event however it's nice to complete my Chappie collection.

Tks for looking

Dave B

Nice model of one Jim Hall most abysmal can am cars...partially caused by Surtees himself, as he did not want to drive the machine as originally designed...with Surtees sitting in the enclosed car  only viewing through the perspex windows. They eventually abandoned the car for a McLaren during the season.

Edited by mrindy77

Put the word "Chaparral" in a subject line, and I come a-runnin'.  Except for the 2H, I think all of them are some of the best looking racing cars ever built.

Most of the stable is built in 1/18th scale ... but I just can't afford them ... otherwise I'd own them all.

Very nice, clean build.

T