Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 32 Vicky - Done!

CabDriver

Congrats James on your build and thanks for sharing it on the forum, welcome! Been following your build as I'm a big fan of the "Vicky" and yours is a gem. The overall stance is bang on and your work on the interior really paid off. While this is an older kit, it remains a favorite for it's adaptability with newer parts to kit bash it. The very basic interior is a great opportunity to detail it and you made look great. The paint job really makes it an eye popper!

Cheers Misha

Congrats James on your build and thanks for sharing it on the forum, welcome! Been following your build as I'm a big fan of the "Vicky" and yours is a gem. The overall stance is bang on and your work on the interior really paid off. While this is an older kit, it remains a favorite for it's adaptability with newer parts to kit bash it. The very basic interior is a great opportunity to detail it and you made look great. The paint job really makes it an eye popper!

Cheers Misha

THanks Misha!  It looks shinier in real life than on my not very good camera - it looked better on my iPhone! :D

Nice job James, but did you forget the headlight lenses and taillights?

The headlight lenses fit TERRIBLE, they basically fall inside the lights but I'm looking for another pair to put on there that actually fit.  The taillight is hidden below the licence plate _ I didnt want to ruin that nice curvy rear end!

Nice, neat and clean build. Nice 1st post James!

Thanks Donald!

nice color-  and good work on the spark plug wire conduit!

Thanks Frank!  I used some super thin aluminum tube, I was pretty pleased with how they came out!

Looks very nice !!!

Thanks Marty! 

Very nice!

Thanks Steve!

Love it, great color choice

Thanks Dan!  I used Tamiya Italian Red!  I'm going to do an orange Deuce next, then a yellow one...and so on until I have a nice line up of primary colored 32s!

Looks great, nice paintwork! 

I just picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinkling about cracking into it.

David G.

Thanks David!  Theyre such a fun kit!

Looks great nice and clean and shiny.

Thanks Mike!  Like I said in a previous post, it didnt photograph as nicely as it looks in real life - I'll have to take some better ones.  I was pleased with the shine in the clear but it doesnt really show in the pics as well :(

I only wish I could paint that well.  Looks good overall.  I especially like the front wheels on this one.

The paint took me longer than anything else!  I used some automotive primer, sanded it flat, then some light coats of the red until it covered and then a decent automotive clear - polishing out any dust or imperfections in between coats.  Took a lot of patience to do it that way, what with letting the paint harden before polishing and reapplying but taking it slow and steady is definitely the best lesson I learned so far to help get great (or at least, better) paintjobs

Real nice.

Thank you Greg!

Loved all the comments guys, they really made me smile....off to start on my next Deuce!