Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salt Lick --Updated 3/29/17

DrKerry

The chassis is looking great!

I may be getting ahead of things, but what is the plan for the track nose grill? I was thinking of fabricating an aluminum style block off plate for my build, but I'm not completely sold on the idea. None of the various track noses in my parts box collection seem to have the right fit/shape.

Looking good Kerry

I wouldn't mess with the hood sides. That is right where your hairpins or split bones are going to reside, and possibly your steering. If you bring those hood sides down you may conflict with the suspension. Plus, I think the cutaway to expose the frame looks cool.

I hear ya Craig, I will have to cut the little tab that is hanging down on the hood sides as that's where the front hairpins hit the frame... steering on the pass. side is going to have to be cut into the hood quite a bit and may have to do a little work with that... 

The chassis is looking great!

I may be getting ahead of things, but what is the plan for the track nose grill? I was thinking of fabricating an aluminum style block off plate for my build, but I'm not completely sold on the idea. None of the various track noses in my parts box collection seem to have the right fit/shape.

Hey Steve, my thought was using some wire mesh and embossmit through the opening to where it is flush on the front side. I know for the resin build the track nose was cut down and narrowed front to back. Noticeable when compared to the 29 nose from the kit...

Thought you'd get a kick out of this!

oh most def!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully get back to working on it soon.. been laid up for awhile here. Just had a hernia repair and re routed a blood vein coming out of the right teste!!!! Bit sore these days!!!! 

• 3 weeks later...