Model Cars Magazine Forum

New contributer

Hello everyone , I am a long time builder of various cars and trucks. As you can tell by my tag line I am a huge Richard Petty fan and a big Kenworth truck enthusiast. I got my first kit in 1966 and have been building ever since, although the first one I had very little hands on with . I've always had a strong interest in cars but a gift of a Kenworth kit in 1973 got me heavy into trucks, which I have just gotten back into. On the bench is the beginning of a K125 Kenworth Australian Road Train, with 4 tanker trailers in double B con figuration. I will do all the right hand drive conversions first, then start the main build which is based on a very early second issue kit. I have a lot of builds planned including many of Petty's race cars as well as Mopar replica stocks and as many Daytona 500 winners as I can . Various Kenworth and other big rig are also on the horizon so stay tuned and feel free to ask me anything, I've been around a long time and have built up a vast amount knowledge on a lot of these subjects! But you never stop learning! If you do you are either very arrogant or 6 feet under the ground! Rick in the great white north.