Model Cars Magazine Forum

In Memorium... Bernie Wrightson

Dragline

Easily one of the finest illustrators that has ever lived, and Horrors greatest illustrator Bernie Wrightson has passed away.

For the uninitiated Bernie was just the guy that made it seem real. To those of us who followed Bernie he was so much more. Bernie illustrated ALL things like they were his last time with pencil or ink. His work was surreal and horrifying. It was the stuff of nightmares made real. While a great many comics or other illustrators chose to coast Bernie went full speed into the night with creations so vivid it seemed they crept from the page into your very being. I had the pleasure of being a reasonably casual friend of Bernie's having been into comics and dealing them for as long as I have. Bernie's legendary Halloween parties are still the highlight of many peoples lives to this moment. Owning a piece of Bernie's art is to be one with the occult and all its secrets. I have the pleasure of owning several. One thing is for certain. Horror has lost a GIANT. One that no amount of pining can bring back. No amount of wishing can conjure forth.

R.I.P. Bernie Wrightson.... Master Of The Macabre.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/arts/design/bernie-wrightson-dead-comic-book-artist.html?_r=0