Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Road Weary Roadway Ford

Well, after a few months of on again/off again work, I'm calling this one done. Well, the cab anyway, the trailer will be coming soon. All in all, I enjoyed this kit quite a bit. One of the issues was the cab getting hung up on the front bumper while tilting forward. That was fixed by taking about an 1/8 of an inch of so off the frame rails and bringing it in a bit. The mirrors were another hang up. Let's just say whoever designed those things is a tried and true sadist lol. Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

I took a stab at scratching up some glad hands here. They're not the prettiest, but they'll do.

That's all for now until I get the trailer built. Stay tuned for that one. Like I said above, this is a pretty cool kit for how old it is. It was definitely a challenge, but I never felt like introducing this one to the wall, until I got to those mirrors that is lol. I've learned a lot on this one for sure, and while I would change a few things here and there, I'm really happy with this one considering it's my first rig build. Well, that's all I got. Thanks for looking guys!

Agree with what everyone else has said.  Nice job.  I have an issue with rear view mirrors also.  The mounting brackets are always to thick and aren't made so that the mirrors look right.  Now I make a lot of my mirror brackets from long straight pins or other materials that I can solder together.  Then the ends of the mirrors are drilled out for the new brackets to go in.  Makes a big difference in the overall appearance.

• 2 weeks later...