Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Khrome Changing Hands

• 2 weeks later...

It should be also mentioned that it is not really "chrome"  - the process is vacuum-metal-deposition of aluminum over plastic.  Same "chrome" process used by most model kit manufacturers. While it looks like chrome, the metallic coating is nowhere as durable as Chromium plating. While it will work for small 1:1 car parts, it will not withstand constant handling (on things like door handles or radio knobs).

• 11 months later...
On 4/10/2017 at 4:05 PM, george 53 said:

Thanks Tom, and EVERBODY else who said some very nice things about me. I've been a member here since 07 or so, and I was a pretty constant poster. Then I started casting for Paul Plum, of Scale Models by Chris, When he got sick.Once Paul came back to work after a few months, Kevin Lutz of Missing Link took me on.

I started casting for him then and still do. Danny Iaconnelli was the next friend who asked me for some help, and so I started casting for Danny too.  Danny bought me my first casting pot so I could have My own pots to cast for him.

Once he moved I acquired 2 more pots and started casting my butt off. Since then I've been pretty busy with that. Then Big Bob, (Bob IS a pretty big guy!) Asked me if I'd like to take over his chromeing business. We worked out a deal over a burger an Pepsi, and now I am the proprietor of GT KustomKrome. ALL things happen for a reason.

Now, I ask all of you guys to give me a chance to do as good a job as Bob did! NOTHING has or will change as far as I'm concerned. Prices will stay the same (unless the plater raises his prices, which I do NOT see happening ANYTIME soon.)

Anyways, my E-mail addy is, tihggh01@hotmail.com I don't have a website as of yet, but I'm working on it. If you need a pricelist or just questions in general, please write my E-Mail addy for best, fastest results. Again, I DO look forward to serveing you guys to the best of my abilities! Thanks! George Hernandez, Aka, George53

Is SMBC,are they still in business. Been looking for there site can't find it any more.