Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius - Now that the Comet is out, What's Next

Swifster

• 3 weeks later...

It would seem the Imperials could be produced using /modifying the existing 300 tooling. The front clip and I believe chassis & running gear is pretty much Imperial already.

one can only hope.

I've got my fingers crossed they happen someday......sooner than later.

This looks Cool !

model-king-comet.jpg

I probably mentioned this earlier here somewhere, but I got a detailed look at an early test shot version of this kit some time ago; it is very well done - there is a quite a bit of new tooling in this kit a real effort to accurately capture the A/FX revisions on the real car.   TIM 

I probably mentioned this earlier here somewhere, but I got a detailed look at an early test shot version of this kit some time ago; it is very well done - there is a quite a bit of new tooling in this kit a real effort to accurately capture the A/FX revisions on the real car.   TIM 

Tim dose it come with injector tubes ?

This kit will represent the Arnie Beswick A/FX car as it appeared in 1965, NOT the so called "restored" car as it exists today with fuel Injection and a straight axle, neither one of which were on the car in 1965 when Beswick drove it.

The box art is correct no injection stacks and no straight axle front suspension

This kit will represent the Arnie Beswick A/FX car as it appeared in 1965, NOT the so called "restored" car as it exists today with fuel Injection and a straight axle, neither one of which were on the car in 1965 when Beswick drove it.

The box art is correct no injection stacks and no straight axle front suspension

Thank you Dave for clearing this up ..................... not for me ? if it had the injectors I would have got some kits .

The box art is correct no injection stacks and no straight axle front suspension .

A replica of the car as delivered and as Beswick owned it is much more desirable. If you need injectors, straight axle and relocated rear wheels ( like Nicholson's) it's easy enough to do . I want a couple.

65 Comet is basically a Falcon -Thunderbolts were Fairlanes - not same chassis. Falcon/ comet / Mustang are all very similar - Fairlane - not so much

Thunderbolts were wedge motor cars - Beswick and Nicholson cars had 427 SOHC engines .

Cammer will NOT fit same space as wedge - Nicholson and Beswick cars had substantial front suspension mods to move shock towers for Cammer to fit - Mustangs with Cammer had similar modifications..

You can shove a 427 wedge into a stock 65-66 Falcon / Mustang engine compartment but a Cammer will NOT fit! (it's just too wide)

I believe Thunderbolts had pretty much stock Fairlane front suspensions as 426 wedge can be shoehorned into Fairlane without front suspension mods.

The Thunderbolts had notched shock towers, to fit the FE-series wedge engine.  I've got a stock '62 Fairlane (same basic body '62-'65), the towers are bulged out (inward) at the bottom making the engine compartment narrower in that area.  The T-bolt conversions were farmed out to Dearborn Steel Tubing for the conversion work.

• 4 weeks later...