Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Dodge

echo

This model started out as an original '63 Dodge Polara by Johan. I used the original body, glass , dash & bumpers. The chassis  , running gear, interior and engine was from the Lindberg '64 Dodge Color Me Gone Kit.  There are some subtle changes to the body in the rear to reflect a lower model of the Dodge line. I added a narrow post to the roof, probably not 100 % correct but I like the look of a post car. The door handles and carbs are from Fireball Modelworks, MCG emblems are on the trunk.  I wanted a bench seat in the front and made it from the rear seat in the '64 kit.  I mixed up some left over paint which turned out a bit more yellow than I envisioned. The decals are left over bits and pieces from various kits. Any comments are welcome.

63 dodge 003.jpg

63 dodge 002.jpg

63 dodge 004.jpg

63 dodge 013.jpg

63 dodge 014.jpg

63 dodge 015.jpg

63 dodge 017.jpg

63 dodge 018.jpg

63 dodge 020.jpg

63 dodge 021.jpg

63 dodge 026.jpg

Mike, I used some Metalizer aluminum paint on the carbs, then did a wash of some flat black to bring up some of the great details on the Fireball carbs, and added a bit of Testors silver to add some contrast, also a bit of brass on some of the fittings. Thanks for the compliments on the build.

Pretty nice 63 you got there! When I used the CMG kit for my 62 I cut the lip off the firewall to make it fit better and remove the gap. (just a tip for next time) Those carbs from Fireball are a work of art. I need to get my hands on some one of these days. The Lindberg kits while nice never really looked right for me and they always looked clunky in my eyes but they are still nice kits, that build up with few major problems and are great parts kits. I wonder how the new Belvederes fit the bill now that Mobius has them out compared to them though.

I have a 63 kit that I plan on doing this very thing to, very nice job sir.

Paul