Model Cars Magazine Forum

3/26 '66 Chevelle update.

Geno

Slow and steady progression on the Chevelle. Got the PE scripts painted and applied and the rear panel done. I need to have the front end assembly rechromed as it's thin and wearing through in spots.

DSCN4612.thumb.JPG.2b30198b26f301286d1e3DSCN4611.thumb.JPG.e1f691a9e993e178654c2DSCN4671.thumb.JPG.c9c67742d10265f64369bDSCN4676.thumb.JPG.ecf35520e3d63da78a473

DSCN4684.JPG

DSCN4685.JPG

DSCN4686.JPG

Edited by Geno

Nice work, Geno!

Knowing how tough that kit is, you have done miracles with it! Never realized you were using the Monogram kit. 

Don't know if you ever got my book, but if not, contact me and I'll get you a PDF DVD of it... You know where I'm at!

Edited by George Bojaciuk

Nice work, Geno!

Knowing how tough that kit is, you have done miracles with it! Never realized you were using the Monogram kit. 

Don't know if you ever got my book, but if not, contact me and I'll get you a PDF DVD of it... You know where I'm at!

George, thank you. that means a lot, especially coming from you. I wanted a true 1/24 Chevelle to go along with my diecast models and this is the only one. It's been a challenge but a fun one LOL. Again, thanks my friend.

What's the paint again? I looks two different colors in the above pics. I really like the brownish looking pic!

I'm gonna do a model in a metallic brown sometime soon. You hardly ever see a model in metallic (or nonmetallic, for that matter) brown.

Richard, it's GM Madeira Maroon. It does look darker in one set of pics as I took them indoors compared to the outdoor pics.

It's looking awesome considering the kit-I'm impressed !!!

Thanks Marty, It is a challenging kit for sure LOL.