Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 41 Plymouth Coupe

talon63

That came out nice.

Too bad it's difficult to see all the interior work you did on it.

David G.

Thanks, David. For that very reason, I decided not to glue the body in place. I can slip it off the chassis to better view the interior detail.  A lot of the same work that went into this one will be going into the next couple of builds as well. The Plymouth was kind of a practice run. 

I've never built or owned this kit but I've never seen one built with the rear bumper/gravel panel in the right places.  

I'm assuming this is a defect in the kit design...is it really too hard to fix?

nice model otherwise.....

I've never built or owned this kit but I've never seen one built with the rear bumper/gravel panel in the right places.  

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/60/9c/8b/609c8b3d905afa8d793bdc4f913f1174.jpg

Flaw in the kit. It does sit a little too high. Fortunately, I can still fix that since the body isn't attached. Although, it may lead to a larger gap in the back end between the body and that part.

I built one a few months ago and it came out almost exactly like that. It seemed that the body was going to sit too high at either the front or back. I made the same choice it seemed to be the better looking option. 

As far as fixing that issue? My impression was that the interior tub was a little too wide and/or too high so I filed down the pads that surrounded the mounting holes on the bottom of the interior tub. That didn't quite do the trick so I heated the interior tub and squeezed the sides in a little. I got the body to sit a little lower over the interior and chassis but it still wasn't perfect. At that point I decided that I could live with it the was it was.

David G.