Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette ZR1 (C6)

da_ashman

Hey guys

Recently completed my Revell ZR1 corvette, built bascially box stock. This was one of my "bucket list" models, So quite happy its done. Was a pretty good kit, slightly undersized wheels which I may swap out with the new Plamoz ZR1 wheels, but looks pretty good with the wheels in black. Painted the body Ferrari Bicanco Fuji (Pearl White) & Ferrari Datyona Metallic Black, clearcoated with Alclads Matte Clearcoat. I also used scale motorsport CF for the roof. Overall pretty happy with it, the seat decals where useless & had to scrape them off & my setting solution left marks on the CF which kinda sucked.

Let me know what you think, cheers

Ash

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7335.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Recently completed my Revell ZR1 corvette, built bascially box stock. This was one of my "bucket list" models, So quite happy its done. Was a pretty good kit, slightly undersized wheels which I may swap out with the new Plamoz ZR1 wheels, but looks pretty good with the wheels in black. Painted the body Ferrari Bicanco Fuji (Pearl White) & Ferrari Datyona Metallic Black, clearcoated with Alclads Matte Clearcoat. I also used scale motorsport CF for the roof. Overall pretty happy with it, the seat decals where useless & had to scrape them off & my setting solution left marks on the CF which kinda sucked.

Let me know what you think, cheers

Ash

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7335.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

Ash

Awesome job

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the car looks great as others have said, but that graffiti background is sic. Love the way you used the background to make the car pop. Nice. ?

Thanks, its a pretty amazing artwork i found online, I spent hours adding 'Banky's above the graffiti but they havent appeared in any photos Ive taken so far... time well spent...

Cheers guys!

That is a sweet sweet ride! Very clean! I like your marker lights in the front they even have the offcolor spot from a reflector! Are they decal? I like the car a lot. Did it go together well?

Cheers mate, yeah the indicators are decals from the kit, which reminds me I must apply some smoke over them, theyre quite bright.

Went together ok, i had a review in a magazine close at hand so I already knew the pitfalls of the kit & what to expect.