Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 ford woody station

crazyrichard

this revell 48 woody started out as half a glue bomb .. most parts and body where badly painted .. luckely not put together .. i revamped it into a patina resto mod style ..

engine is a 5.0 ho ford v8 .. customized some stuff and build a battery , master brake cilinder etc ..

chassis is heavely modified with airbags , brake lines , custom made exhaust ..

interiour is rather stock and not weathered ...

the build thread in on the bench : http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/119741-48-ford-woody-gluebomb-series-rodded-99-done-pics/

I've been following this build since the beginning - well done!

The diorama you have pictured is awesome and the Woody looks right at home there too.

thnx !

You are a true craftsman!  Beautiful work.  Shop tools are - just impressive.  Could cut some drums for me?:D

thnx and ship them over we are not afraid of some work lol hahaha

Edited by crazyrichard

aww thnx a lot guys ! :) much apriciated !! irl it looks better imo on the pics it looks rougher ..

and i'm glad i pulled of the look with no surf theme ...maybe one of these days i will build a nice metal roof rack for the woody and put some misc. stuff on top :)

thnx all ! :) !

Absolutely amazing work-wow-could you tell me what you used for brake line ?

thnx and sure its a sort of spring stuff , very small diameter but very flexible , looks ribbed because its wound like a spring (no tension) so it looks like braided line . for the fuel line i used a guitar snare , also ribbed