Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford LNT Snow Plow

Well, I am new here, been lurking and reading, but thought I would post up a project I am working on.

I have been out of the model building hoody for a lot of years, did it a lot when I was under 16, then took it up again while I was in the Air Force in my 20-30's, then have been a way from it again. Now in my late 40's I am getting back to it. 

So, this is my second project, first was a C600 Ford. I wanted to do a work truck, something with no chrome. So, I found this NIB Ford Snow Plow. I love the old Fords and felt it was a good one to build. 

Most all of the chrome was stripped, I wanted to use different wheels(and still might), but stripped the ones it came with and chose to go with the UPS truck style paint on the wheels. (body color with silver paint edge)

I stripped the grill and mounted it before I painted the cab/hood. I will detail it soon by adding black in the holes. I am doing some light weathering, but nothing deep or heavy, just making it look like a used but cared for DOT snow plow. So, here is the current progress, hope to add more soon.

IMG_2467.JPG

• Like 1

I have been working on fixing the wheel issue, the painted Alcoa wheels look bad. Here is what I have so far. I do have some more that do not have bubbles in them, but I did not get pictures of them. I now have a new respect for people that do rain casting of truck parts/kits. What a pain. 

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2575.JPG

Edited by Oldmopars