Model Cars Magazine Forum

Malone Super Boss finished.....

Some artistic license was taken. Terry builds on commission and happy customer is job one.

The other side of this is the current owner of the 1/1  Malone trucks asked is they could use it on their site.....so they approve too!! 

The current owner of the Super Boss is Gary Ries from Hastings Minnesota, he doesn't have a website as far as I know but I suppose you mean the Tyrone Malone and the Bandag Diesel Racing Team Facebook site because I have seen the pictures there.
This site together with a good Fotki album, both with lots of good reference pictures, and another Malone website are kept by a former employee of Malone's called Ken Harris who drove the Super Boss transporter Papa Truck in the last European Tour back in the late 80's and he still tries to keep the Tyrone Malone memory alive and is doing a good job of it.
Except for the Super Boss Gary Ries also own the Papa Truck and the Hideout Truck transporters, the Defiance, the Hurricane, the Boss Truck Of America, the Smokey Bear Corvette and the Whale Truck, the Bandag Bandit was donated to Bandag and today it's at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop Museum, most of the other Malone trucks are still missing.

Gary has taken some "artistic license" with the real Super Boss too as the paintjob isn't exactly as it was back in the day, and he has dropped the small front wheels and has changed all wheels to Alcoa's, probably to be able to get tires easier.

Edited by Force