Model Cars Magazine Forum

scale motorsport Shelby Daytona coupe

I would like to get my hands on one of these kits to see what I could do with it.  It's not my favorite coupe but one, I think should be better represented in scale.  

I know HRM has one of these bodies, not sure when it will make it to the top of his very long "to do" lists.:)

yeah - crossing my fingers Brad will cast the Coupe on loan.

17757333_1754941004520138_93674110834238

WHOA!! I didn't see that coming!!! I've GOT to get one of those Daytona coupes!! I've got HRM's kit as well, but I've been chicken to start on it as it's soooo nice! PLEASE REVELL!! DON'T BACK OUT ON THIS ONE!

I can only hope it's a full detail kit and NOT a curbside............We'll soon know!

OH!! I see the Ferrari 308GTB is on its way back! ALRIGHT!! B) B)

I'm really hoping this isn't a prank either. If I do wind up getting these, I will most likely be using VRM's awesome decal sheet. 

17757333_1754941004520138_93674110834238

WHOA!! I didn't see that coming!!! I've GOT to get one of those Daytona coupes!! I've got HRM's kit as well, but I've been chicken to start on it as it's soooo nice! PLEASE REVELL!! DON'T BACK OUT ON THIS ONE!

I can only hope it's a full detail kit and NOT a curbside............We'll soon know!

OH!! I see the Ferrari 308GTB is on its way back! ALRIGHT!! B) B)

Wow Bill I hope you are correct on the Cobra Daytona. They slipped that one in under the radar. Unless it is the 1/32 they had as a slot car and got the size wrong on the flier.

Edited by Len Woodruff

All the Proposals Revell Included on this List will Find me Obsessively Obtainaining them Lustfully!

Darin you stinker you! :P 

You got me on that one! Well, as they say dreams die hard, and I guess someday I'll want to tackle that HRM Daytona I have. It's one of my favorite '60's road racers! 

Darin you stinker you! :P 

You got me on that one! Well, as they say dreams die hard, and I guess someday I'll want to tackle that HRM Daytona I have. It's one of my favorite '60's road racers! 

Sorry Bill. don't feel too bad I did work hard to make the flier as convincing as possible. I tried to keep the reissues as realistic as possible, and i thought the M*A*S*H* theme was a believable element. The VW Corrado was the hint of my duplicity, as that was confirmed years ago as being unable to be reissued.

Sorry Bill. don't feel too bad I did work hard to make the flier as convincing as possible. I tried to keep the reissues as realistic as possible, and i thought the M*A*S*H* theme was a believable element. The VW Corrado was the hint of my duplicity, as that was confirmed years ago as being unable to be reissued.

You have a dark and cruel heart, sir.  :)

Edited by The Junkman

Very cool that Revell is coming out with the Shelby Coupe. I didn't know about this until now. It now on my must have list. I look forward to adding it to my collection this falScott, you did not read all the posts, did you.

With all the expressions of disappointment, you'd almost think there would be a market for an injected molded Cobra Daytona Coupe.  I wonder if same could be said for an up to date (as in a mold newer than 1963) 289 Cobra roadster (standard, FIA, USRRC).  Maybe a bit of market research is in order?

Monogram released this excellent 289 Cobra in 1/43rd scale.  It baffles me why they never scaled it up to 1/25 or 1/24 scale.

Image result for Monogram cobra 1/43

I couldn't agree more. My own preference would have been 24th scale, but either would have been well received.

As noted in other posts, R-M had a display at the recent Milwaukee NNL and a new 260/289 Cobra was the one suggestion I had to make.

Well, the folks at Accurate Miniatures had plans to do a 289 USRRC, then a regular body 289, then a Cobra Daytona.  I had some owners lined up who were willing to let their cars be measured/photographed.  I was even going to be providing some artwork for markings and some reference for the slight differences between the Daytonas.  I was also trying to talk them into providing some of the Dragonsnake parts in with the regular body 289 (and they were warming to it, albeit slowly).

The problem is that they were going to use the sales from the Grand Sport reissues to bankroll the development work of the GS Roadsters, and that would bankroll the Cobras.  Sales on the GS reissue flopped (a $35 retail probably was the reason), and Revell ended up buying the remaining stock of GS Coupes for small money - they repacked them (with markings from yours truly) and did pretty well.

Unfortunately, the Cobras never got bankrolled...obviously.

will you have the 427 Cobra decals at NNL East?

Very cool that Revell is coming out with the Shelby Coupe. I didn't know about this until now. It now on my must have list. I look forward to adding it to my collection this falScott, you did not read all the posts, did you.

Well, the folks at Accurate Miniatures had plans to do a 289 USRRC, then a regular body 289, then a Cobra Daytona.  I had some owners lined up who were willing to let their cars be measured/photographed.  I was even going to be providing some artwork for markings and some reference for the slight differences between the Daytonas.  I was also trying to talk them into providing some of the Dragonsnake parts in with the regular body 289 (and they were warming to it, albeit slowly).

The problem is that they were going to use the sales from the Grand Sport reissues to bankroll the development work of the GS Roadsters, and that would bankroll the Cobras.  Sales on the GS reissue flopped (a $35 retail probably was the reason), and Revell ended up buying the remaining stock of GS Coupes for small money - they repacked them (with markings from yours truly) and did pretty well.

Unfortunately, the Cobras never got bankrolled...obviously.

How about some new decals for the AMT 289, the Sunny 427 and HRM trans-kits (Dragonsnake, LeMans Hardtop, AC Ace)?  These kits can be built into a lot of different configurations.

DSCN4437

DSCN3905DSCN4067DSCN3563

Edited by afx

• 2 weeks later...