Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 68 Dodge Dart GTS Slightly Customized

microwheel

Howdy guys,

Well I finally finished this one up last night. And thought I would take some time this morning to post it up here for you to check out. My idea was to create something that a hand me down young owner wound have hot rodded out for maybe after shool or weekend driving.  The wheels and tires are from the revell 32 5 window coupe. I wanted Goodyear G60 tires for the back and the 32 was the only kit in my stash that had them. A while ago I built the newer revell 70 cuda kit, which was a really nice kit to build. The cuda kit cam with an extra hood that I didnt use, so after looking at it for a while, I thought, Hummm, that would look cool grafted into the hemi hood of the dart kit, So I got out the hobby knife, filler puddy, and sanding films and went to work modifying it. I thought it worked out pretty good. Maybe chrysler should have offered it as a option, lol. Anyways here is the results of a couple of months worth of work. 

DSCN0899

Interior complete with seat belts and ignition keys

DSCN0824

Completely detailed the chassis with brake and fuel lines and e-brake system. Used the hemi dart rear suspension to give the dart a better stance. and also added some scratch made long tube headers and modified the stock exhaust to fit the headers. And then I added front disc brakes to give juniors dart a little better stopping power.

DSCN0890

The engine and engine bay got a full detail treatment, including a holley double pumper carb. aftermarket pulleys and a power steering pump robed from a revell 69 charger kit which for some reason came with a extra one, not that Im complaining, nor is the dart.

DSCN0880

The dart got a vinyl top and photo-etched detail kit from the Model Car Garage.  The paint is decanted Model Masters Lacquer Sublime Green and clear coated with Model masters airbrushed Lacquer Clear Coat.

DSCN0898

Still got a little bit of clean up work to do and a spot or two of BMF repair from too much handling during final assembly but it will taken care of before it goes on the display shelf.

DSCN0905

I'll post a few more pics in a following post...

Outstanding build Jim!  The Cuda hood grafted into the Hemi hood looks perfect.  It looks like it was made that way.  The interior details look real and the chassis and engine compartment do as well.  The Sublime Green is a great choice and looks perfect. 

I like the first picture with the hood pins hanging.  You hit a home run with this one. 

Howdy guys,

Well I finally finished this one up last night. And thought I would take some time this morning to post it up here for you to check out. My idea was to create something that a hand me down young owner wound have hot rodded out for maybe after shool or weekend driving.  The wheels and tires are from the revell 32 5 window coupe. I wanted Goodyear G60 tires for the back and the 32 was the only kit in my stash that had them. A while ago I built the newer revell 70 cuda kit, which was a really nice kit to build. The cuda kit cam with an extra hood that I didnt use, so after looking at it for a while, I thought, Hummm, that would look cool grafted into the hemi hood of the dart kit, So I got out the hobby knife, filler puddy, and sanding films and went to work modifying it. I thought it worked out pretty good. Maybe chrysler should have offered it as a option, lol. Anyways here is the results of a couple of months worth of work. 

DSCN0899

Interior complete with seat belts and ignition keys

DSCN0824

Completely detailed the chassis with brake and fuel lines and e-brake system. Used the hemi dart rear suspension to give the dart a better stance. and also added some scratch made long tube headers and modified the stock exhaust to fit the headers. And then I added front disc brakes to give juniors dart a little better stopping power.

DSCN0890

The engine and engine bay got a full detail treatment, including a holley double pumper carb. aftermarket pulleys and a power steering pump robed from a revell 69 charger kit which for some reason came with a extra one, not that Im complaining, nor is the dart.

DSCN0880

The dart got a vinyl top and photo-etched detail kit from the Model Car Garage.  The paint is decanted Model Masters Lacquer Sublime Green and clear coated with Model masters airbrushed Lacquer Clear Coat.

DSCN0898

Still got a little bit of clean up work to do and a spot or two of BMF repair from too much handling during final assembly but it will taken care of before it goes on the display shelf.

DSCN0905

I'll post a few more pics in a following post...

I wouldn't put that on a display shelf, it should be going to all your local model shows..Very nicely done and realistic, especially the chassis detail..Underhood is real for sure..You should be very proud of your work..Hope you've got more to finish and show us on these pages..Clean,Clean,Clean....