Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Cobra # 714 finished

cobraman

This one was built in the fashion of one I saw on line. First pic is that car. I did not try to copy it but rather use it as guide. Used the Revell 1/24 Shelby Cobra kit. I stripped some chrome. Made the roll cage using parts from the parts box. Made the weird wing from sheet plastic. Made a front spoiler but forgot to put it on before pics. Body is painted  with Duplicolor red/orange and then I painted on the white door stripes. Hood stripes are kit decals.

No way I built all of them . My count includes die cast , resin , wood , ceramic , crystal , crayon , and one aluminum . Actually I forgot the one in a slot car set I bought awhile ago so it's really 715 .

Pretty cool build ....  and nice job..!  

I have an orange crayon cobra myself ...have no idea where I got it...lol  

No bad on your part, I'm the one who forgot about the slot car. Cobra to left is a Revell Creative Masterpiece die cast and the one to the right is a Franklin Mint Boris Mistress of Fire.

Edited by cobraman
left out detail

I like the build even with the Wing thingy stuck on there !!!   I thought of you Ray when I was at the Shelby Museum a couple of weeks ago.  They have display cases full of all the different models of Shelby Cobras but they don't have near 715:D

Randy