Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real estate...sort of

I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever wanted to dabble in real estate.

http://www.century21.ca/hudson.purba/Property/BC/V0E_2X2/Tappen/4164_Eldon_Frontage_Road

I see at least a dozen cars there I would love to get my hands on.

And for the mathematically challenged, 1.45 million CDN is about $1.08 million US.

:)

Anyone want to go halfsies?

Every time I'm in the area I try to stop and have a look  B)  Great swap meet every spring, too.

They're not kidding about that being one of the most beautiful areas in BC, being in the Shuswap just north of Salmon Arm.

mike

I read about this elsewhere, lots of people arguing about the relative condition of the cars and their worth etc.

Doesn't matter. It's BC, next door to the lakes...desirable climate, zoned commercial, has a house and a shop on it...It's probably worth what he's asking just for that, and the cars are just garnish. If the seller tries to sell the cars individually, it'll take all his time and patience, and clearly he wants to move on. His sentiment that they're all restoration candidates is kinda sad, though...sure, in a perfect world. Realistically, they're mostly parts cars or scrap. Hopefully some will be saved!

I always love checking out the cars stored outside as I pass by; a couple years ago I stopped in and scoped out the cars inside (some nice stuff in there!).

My fave from checking out the photos is the faded black Chrysler (?) sedan with flames licking all down the body. Who does that to a Chrysler sedan??? Gotta love it. Would make such a cool cruiser if it was restored. Thing is, you can run out and buy a running and driving example for FAR less than it would cost to restore one...and they're not worth much once you're done, either.

I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever wanted to dabble in real estate.

http://www.century21.ca/hudson.purba/Property/BC/V0E_2X2/Tappen/4164_Eldon_Frontage_Road

I see at least a dozen cars there I would love to get my hands on.

And for the mathematically challenged, 1.45 million CDN is about $1.08 million US.

:)

Anyone want to go halfsies?

Go for it, and you'll be happy you did.