Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first model in 50 years

dlh

Soooo, there are many flaws and I've learned a lot, mostly from here.

The color is the original Reseda Green like the 320i that I owned; many problems with trying to spray urethane automotive finish and clear coat.

The front grill is a Molotow pen (painted with a brush).  The other chrome is BMF.  I tried the Molotow pen on some ruined bodies, but think the BMF looks better on chrome trim.

I butchered the rear end; too much build-up of the urethane clear ruined the black center trim.  I used extra fine embossing powder for the carpet in a color called watering can.  You can't see that in the photos.

All comments are appreciated (yes, the brutally honest ones too)  My next model is a Cobra, just started the body.  I think this one will look a little better, but I'm really just a beginner.

Dave

DSCF2874.JPG

DSCF2871.JPG

DSCF2870.JPG

DSCF2866.JPG

DSCF2854.JPG

img221.jpg

Well David it would seem that your build would be compared to riding a bicycle. Once you've done it you never forget how. and that's how I would describe your build. I would never have thought you had been away that long. Just one old fart to another I think some of the hobby dedicated paint products work best.