Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Graffiti Deuce Coupe

Blackkat13

This is my American Graffiti 2003 AMT deuce coupe model.  It took over a month to build. I added plug wires, radiator hose, sanded the tires, painted the gauges, washed the rims, etc.  I even added real metal bars above the motor from my Snake Bite monster truck.  This kits has a lot of flaws, and many areas that needed a bunch of work. If you go the extra mile, and finish this model. It will turn out to be a nice kit. It just takes a boatload of patience though. This kit is a Skill 2  but felt like it was more like Skill 666. 

IMG_4194.thumb.JPG.5caadf7b2feca794525deIMG_4195.thumb.JPG.68b4dcb07102532b3a108IMG_4100.thumb.JPG.7fb7062608b573905d6a8 

Your build turned out perfect. I have one of these but have not tried to build it yet.  

It took many hours.  I would suggest if you build it glue the fenders, and top on first. I used blue painter tape to hold mine together pushing out the glue. This help fill in those nasty cracks. Also there is a small gap between the gauges and body. I used small piece of used sandpaper painted to fill it in.

Thanks guys

It took many hours.  I would suggest if you build it glue the fenders, and top on first. I used blue painter tape to hold mine together pushing out the glue. This help fill in those nasty cracks. Also there is a small gap between the gauges and body. I used small piece of used sandpaper painted to fill it in.

Thanks guys

Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Very kool Art, have to get pics of mine up to compare them..... I used the same kit and built it mostly out of the box. I did put a bench seat in and changed the intake and carbs. I still need four of the fish mouth air cleaners to put on it. I also changed the collectors on the headers so they weren't so big looking....

Very kool Art, have to get pics of mine up to compare them..... I used the same kit and built it mostly out of the box. I did put a bench seat in and changed the intake and carbs. I still need four of the fish mouth air cleaners to put on it. I also changed the collectors on the headers so they weren't so big looking....

I was on a tight time limit, so I wasn't going to do up a kit bash on the kit. Plus I didn't know what kits would work or not.  I still have the coupe and chevy by Revell to build as well.  Think that one has the right seat and motor.