Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Pontiac Bonneville, New, Outdoor Shots.

StevenGuthmiller

Well, it's finally done.

The usual extras were thrown at this one.

Parts pack tires, embossing powder carpets, resin window cranks, door locks, etc.

I also added a modified transparent steering wheel & eliminated the console in favor of a bare bones floor shift.

The 421 motor comes directly from the AMT '62 Catalina kit with a few added details..

The antenna is scratch built & the mirror was lifted from an old Johan Mopar kit.

This build is a little bittersweet for me.

The wife & I are making a move this summer, so this will likely be my last build until we get settled in the new place.

I'm quite confident that by the time I'm able to start building again, hopefully in the later part of the summer, I will be exhibiting heavy withdrawal symptoms!

It's going to be very difficult to not have a project going for several months!

Steve

DSCN6016DSCN6006DSCN6013DSCN6018DSCN6008DSCN6012DSCN5977

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Wonderful build Steve, and I totally understand what you were saying about the move thing. The wife and I are going to be selling the house and hitting the road in the Motorhome this summer. Talk about hobby room withdrawals lol, it will me a lot longer for me.

You really out did your self on this one. The detailing under the hood is extensive and looks perfect. Which we could see more of the interior but I'm sure it is just as nice. Good luck to you on your moving. I hope it is for the better for you and your wife.

Thanks guys!

So what about this move. Downsizing and to a warmer climate maybe ?

No such luck Bill, unless you consider North Dakota a warmer climate! :D

My wife was getting frustrated with the Mayo Clinic.

She has been a nurse there for 30 years & has always been looking to improve herself.

Just a few years ago she received her doctorate in nursing thinking that it may help with her ambition of moving up from her nurse managers position.

She was getting really tired of all of the headaches that go along with that position & she seemed to hit a brick wall in the advancement department.

So she decided to take advantage of Mayo's 30 year retirement plan & retire.

She's only 52 years old so we knew that she was too young & financially it was a little too early for full retirement, so she began looking for new employment opportunities.

She found one in the Roger Maris cancer center in Fargo North Dakota, part of the Sanford Health system, where she will be a supervisor of nursing.

She actually starts her new job on Monday.

So until we do the house swap & move, we will be living apart during the week for at least a month.

I'm going to keep working until the 1st of May & then I'll be focusing all of my attention on the move.

The bad news is, even though her new position is a step up, she will be taking a reduction in pay compared to her old job, at least initially.

The good news is, if we can manage it financially, I may not have to take a new job after the move!

It would be glorious to be able to retire at 54!

But, as she says, "you'll get bored" so I'll probably wind up having to look for something.

But, as we all know, it gets a little more difficult to find a decent job as we get older, & in my case, not having much in the "marketable skills" department.

Anyway, that's the scoop.

Wish me well! ;)

Steve