Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCRC's 73' El Camino review?

Hello colleagues!

I came accross 73' El Camino at MCRC. The picture of the real car is beautifull, but I can't find any review about a trans-kit himself. Also I couldn' t find any WIP with the subject. All I have found is WIP of master-patern of this El Camino which was used to make moulds. But this is not telling me about MCRC quality. Can any one point me to review or WIP with resin 73' El Camino?

Thanks in advance.

While I do not have a copy of this kit, I do have some MCRC resin pieces and I can tell you they look just like a regular model kit, they are that good! They take great care to create high quality resin parts and their quality is up there with the best of them.

• 9 months later...
On 4/3/2017 at 1:50 PM, Sergey said:

Hello colleagues!

I came accross 73' El Camino at MCRC. The picture of the real car is beautifull, but I can't find any review about a trans-kit himself. Also I couldn' t find any WIP with the subject. All I have found is WIP of master-patern of this El Camino which was used to make moulds. But this is not telling me about MCRC quality. Can any one point me to review or WIP with resin 73' El Camino?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

The first topic does have a pic of the El Camino and what it comes with,  but the second of the build of the 76 is worthless thanks to Photobucket! 

I don't have the El Camino, but I do have MCRC's 72 Ford Ranchero and it was worth every penny! I had bought this off of Jeff (if I remember correctly) at a local show they were vending at, and also picked up the resin Ford 351 Cleveland by Scale Modeling by Chris to go under the hood. 

HPIM3132.thumb.JPG.367a7f2fe6a5e68822875848c0fe922b.JPG

I've reposted the photos of my El Camino if they will help , but it's not a Motor City Resin kit it's scratchbuilt .  I have built they're '72 Ranchero and the quality of the resin is excellent !  I also have they're Chevelle and plan on ordering a couple others . I highly recommend them .

21 hours ago, TooOld said:

I've reposted the photos of my El Camino if they will help , but it's not a Motor City Resin kit it's scratchbuilt.

Consider me duped. :D Nice work on it, and hopefully someone who has purchased the MCRC '73 El Camino kit can provide some direct feedback on it.