Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sad Sad Sad News: Our Harry Passed Away

Just heard from Dave Pye. Our Harry Pristovnik has passed away.

We were all hoping for the best, but things got worse.

He will be missed, this is a very sad day for Model Cars Magazine, and the hobby.

He did so much for us, for me, for all of us

You will be missed my friend!

A very sad morning for me and all the Model cars family. Harry is the second of my Model cars friends to leave me/us. Chuck Naylor was the first and I still think of him often. I am getting the same feelings as then as I never met the man yet I feel I knew him in some small way.

Harry's presence has been missed for quite a while in the way he posted and handled things. His wry sense of humor and matter of fact postings were a thing I looked forward to and always read completely and considered carefully. My 2 warning points were given to me by Harry and I wear them proudly as we argued back and forth as to their validity [Harry won of course]], but he was open to hear me out as to why I said what I did.

Harry's builds were always a revelation of skill and precise technique. I totally enjoyed every one of his works in progress and followed them to completion.

I'm not a religious man so I'll just be thankful there is peace for him and his family. As extended family I will weep for Harry and his struggle as I start to think about the world without his presence.

We are richer for knowing him, poorer for losing him.

Bob Frias

Edited by Dragline