Model Cars Magazine Forum

California air compressor model 5510se update

Hey everybody thought id give another update on said compressor,been a few months now , once I got the regulator everything works great (customer service WAS GREAT,they sent out reg right away),this thing is really quiet,wife was down in basement when I was painting and it kicked on ,she turned around to me and said whats that funny noise,i said the air compressor,she started laughing said does it even blow out air,she was so use to the old one she use to hear it up 3 flights of stairs, don't get me wrong it still an auditable noise but sooooo much quieter,can actually have a normal level conversation when its running,im actually going to get another one if they go back on sale around the holidays.oh and with the size tank it has seems like it takes a while before it kicks on,any way im happy with it make modeling more enjoyable with out have a ear splitting sound,also don't laugh but im now spraying EVERYTHING even the small parts with my spray brush cause I seem to be able to dial in really low pressure for smaller things,use brushes just for little bit of touch ups.

I purchased a Badger TC-910 Aspire compressor with a new hose and an Omni 5000 airbrush yesterday, Used from Letgo. The owner only said He had used it twice, it was dusty and the Airbrush had some dried paint in it. I cleaned the AB out real good with acetone. Tried out the compressor it is unbelievably quiet. My old Compressor was so loud and obnoxious, that it could have awoken the dead.

I used a small, loud Badger air compressor for several years.  Then moved up to a Craftsman (Sears) compressor with a 2-gallon tank. It was even louder but only ran until it filled the tank.

In 2009 I decided to splurge and got an Iwata Power Jet Pro.  Not very loud, and it has dual regulators/water traps for running 2 airbrushes at once.  I love that thing.  It has never given me a problem and is a joy to use. 

pjpro.jpg