Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Version of Tyrone's Truck (Updated 06-30-2017)

It's time for a "real" build, Boys.....I'm going after Tyrone Malone's Papa Truck.....Except it wont' be his truck at all....It's gonna be "MY TRUCK"........Guess what color it's gonna be....

I'll give you two guesses, but you're only gonna need one.....:D

20170404_205809_zps1gmg00mv.jpg

20170404_205849_zpsgxka1jee.jpg

Only just opened the box.....My first impression.....Wow !!! I cannot believe I've never, actually, built one of these......Totally gonna "SMASH" through this build, Dude......This ought to be fun!!!!

Pretty sure I'm not going to need the decals, so if anybody wants them, let me know......

Edited by kilrathy10

Got some paint slapped on yesterday.....A rare couple of "low humidity" days in Houston has allowed me to paint AND clear coat in just 2 days......I'm really loving this one.....You may notice, I added a center piece to the ramp bed.....There will be a box covering the simplistic winch, too....I think it will look better.....

Nice JT. Are you going to have it ready for the show on the 29?

You know I was thinking that very thing when I started....If I don't make any major mistakes, I'm sure I'll have it finished in about a week and a half.....So far, so good.....:D

Looks great in orange!

How long is that bed?......I'm wondering if I could fit two cars on it. 

And I was thinking that, too.....It looks like it could hold 2 sprint cars or a single cab pick up and a small car, like a Mini or something.....I will be doing some experimenting, as I haven't figured out what I'm going to haul with it, yet......

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 months later...

Well, Boys....I'm back on it....Been really busy, lately, but I finally got a few days that I could really work on it.....Here's where it sits, now.....

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/kilrathy10/My Tyrone Malone Truck/20170630_210331_zpssxo9yxy9.jpg

I don't know what's up with Photobucket, AGAIN, but it won't copy, right now; but here's a link.....Hope to get pics posted, soon....

Edited by kilrathy10

Well, Boys....I'm back on it....Been really busy, lately, but I finally got a few days that I could really work on it.....Here's where it sits, now.....

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/kilrathy10/My Tyrone Malone Truck/20170630_210331_zpssxo9yxy9.jpg

I don't know what's up with Photobucket, AGAIN, but it won't copy, right now; but here's a link.....Hope to get pics posted, soon....

Photo Bucket is holding your pics for ransom.

Go into the general section and read all about it.

Photo Bucket is holding your pics for ransom.

Go into the general section and read all about it.

Thanks, Buddy....I appreciate the info.....Photobucket is something else.....I have no reason to use them, if that's the case....Totally the ONLY reason I had them.....

OK....Here's what I'm thinking.....What would you use this thing for once retired from the racing scene?? Hmmmm...... I think it would work great for an equipment rental place or something......Any other thoughts??

20170630_210331.jpg

20170701_165414.jpg

20170701_165409.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Looks awesome JT!!!!!!!!!!

ok I have to ask as because I don't know....... curious to know why all the builds are orange?? My daughter would love ya by the way as that's her favorite color!!!!!

LOL !!! Oddly.....I went to the dollar store a few years back, and lo and behold, they had a bunch of Duplicolor caliper paint...It was orange, but it was only a dollar.....I must have bought a case of it, then.....I painted a truck orange, and that was enough for me to fall in love with the stuff.....Ever since, I've been painting stuff orange.....Even more funny.....About that time the Houston Astros, my favorite baseball team, went to the American League and went back to a predominantly orange uniform....That's a 2fer......It's been win, win for me......Now, it's become my favorite color.....I actually like the stuff.....LOL !!!!