Model Cars Magazine Forum

When the cows come home

Tommy Isbister

Nice, did you scratch build the bales or can you buy them some place?

I cut the bales from pink Styrofoam, rounded the ends with 200 grit sandpaper,  then stuck a toothpick in the bottom to hold it by while I brushed it all over with undiluted white glue, next I sprinkled on basil from the kitchen spice cabinet and let dry. After dry I sprayed the bales with cheap aquanet super hold hair spray to seal any loose pieces. Lastly I finished them off with .09 guitar strings. Back in the day when square bales were first being baled they used wire instead of string like today's bales.

I am glad I clicked on this. I like it . Now that  International B (or is it a BN) is not something you see every day around here. Mostly A's with a sprinkling of C'S and Cubs for the smaller tractors.

The tractor is a Farmall C. Here where I live was Famall country back in the day with mostly super M's and super MTA's

Looks great!! The color of your B is weathered perfectly!! It looks to be a resin casting, where did you get it?

The tractor is a Farmall C made by Ertl. Got it on sale at tractor supply after Christmas. This one will do but I prefer precision series or Speccast for the much added details.

Edited by Tommy Isbister

The tractor is a Farmall C made by Ertl. Got it on sale at tractor supply after Christmas. This one will do but I prefer precision series or Speccast for the much added details.

I didn't know they made a C with the offset like the B had. I learned something today. The locals had and still have all brands around here. 

Let me begin again saying this is an excellently done diorama!

As far as the B and C Farmall goes there are some easily notable differences. The A, I-A, Super A, B, and BN were known as Cuti-Vision tractors. The driver seat was to the right of the tank and engine and the steering shaft ran down the right side. These tractors also had drop type or reduction gear axles in the rear, with usually 24" rims. I still have a 47 I-A. The C and Super C wasn't made with the driver seat mounted to the right, and the steering shaft ran down the left side. The rear axles on the C's were not drop axles either, they were direct with larger rims, looking similar to the axles on the H and M. Here is a picture taken by someone else of a C that belongs to someone I know taken in 09.

Southeast Old Threshers Reunion Denton, NC   July 1-5, 2008 031 by jdrammer, on Flickr