Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1975 Datsun Pickup

Casey

Sorry, I guess my post wasn't clear enough.  MPC 872 will be a reissue of the '75 annual as pictured in Casey's original post.

The stock version's parts are all present and accounted for except the plastic tires which will be replaced by vinyl tires.  A couple of bits had to be retooled for the custom version as well.    

Hi Mike, and thanks for that info.....tell us, is there a release date you know of on this little gem.... I know you have close ties to Round2, and I really think this kit will be a winner for them, to say the least....best, the Ace......:D

Hi Mike, and thanks for that info.....tell us, is there a release date you know of on this little gem.... I know you have close ties to Round2, and I really think this kit will be a winner for them, to say the least....best, the Ace......:D

Sorry Ace; I don't know about a release date.  I'm guessing it would be too early to predict a date for this one right now because they're working on some retooling.  

Sorry Ace; I don't know about a release date.  I'm guessing it would be too early to predict a date for this one right now because they're working on some retooling.  

no problem, Mike.....it's worth the wait regardless.........keep us posted when fresh info comes your way, please...best, the Ace...;)

I really hope it's not the flip nose monster truck version. I have a rebuilder that I'm working on as a stock one and I've been hoping to find another to do as a sort of Japanese tuner style parts truck.

That flip front monster tow truck is out right now.

I was wondering if this version sells fairly well ,they will release the other versions like the stepside and California Sunshine.

And I like the idea of vinyl tires with this kit. I just hope they're not too big ,and have whitewalls. Chrome hubcaps would be nice,too.

Here's another variation of a Datsun  for the ambitious modeler.

These were actually available in the 70's.

wrecker.jpg

Not sure how well they could tow, I would imagine the extra weight of the bed really taxed that engine, let alone a car hanging off the back!

Not sure how well they could tow, I would imagine the extra weight of the bed really taxed that engine, let alone a car hanging off the back!

LOL  I know. In their brochure ,they show a Torino on the hook. I imagine it did a wheelie every time they started. It was more a novelty than anything. There was one for sale on Ebay about 4 years ago for $4500.