1975_Datsun_Pickup_MPC_1_7508_25th.jpg 

Edited by Casey

If this is a backdated stock version, this is quite a pleasant surprise:

MPC-872 1/25 1975 Datsun Pickup Truck

*No idea if this is the correct box art for the reissue or not*

Where do you find this information?

Ben

Would really like to see this one back on the shelf.  I had a '74 regular cab and a '78 King Cab, loved both of them.  The '74 was sideswiped from the door back, insurance paid fairly well, so I had the cab fixed and installed a California Step-side kit.  Shortly after reenlisting in the USAF I traded the '74 for the '78.  It should be fairly simple to take an extra body and turn the regular cab into a King Cab.

The key question remains, what of this kit are we getting? It's long been the story that the body was "destroyed" to make it into the flip-nose. So getting original 3n1 back would require a significant retool of the cab, unless the flip-nose was a separate tooling and they've been sitting on the kit for 42 years figuring nobody would a '75/'76 Datsun.

Edited by niteowl7710

The key question remains, what of this kit are we getting? It's long been the story that the body was "destroyes" to make it into the flip-nose. So getting original 3n1 back would require a significant retool of the cab, unless the flip-nose was a separate tooling and they've been sitting on the kit for 42 years figuring nobody would a '75/'76 Datsun.

Well the w model kenworth is making a return, plus they found the original California hauler peterbilt 359. So nothing appears to be impossible at the moment.

Ben

The key question remains, what of this kit are we getting? It's long been the story that the body was "destroyes" to make it into the flip-nose. So getting original 3n1 back would require a significant retool of the cab, unless the flip-nose was a separate tooling and they've been sitting on the kit for 42 years figuring nobody would a '75/'76 Datsun.

MPC went back and forth between the stock and flip-front versions many times.  In fact, the second issue (after the '75 annual, which was first) was a flip-front drag version.  There are two different cabs, a couple of beds (stock and step-side), and many other parts that have appeared in almost every possible combination at one time or another.

If this is a backdated stock version, this is quite a pleasant surprise:

MPC-872 1/25 1975 Datsun Pickup Truck

*No idea if this is the correct box art for the reissue or not*

This is indeed the correct box art.  

A pic of a built stock version.  This one (built from an original '76 annual) wears the original (plastic) annual tires.  The upcoming release will have different (vinyl) stock tires.  

007.JPG

Edited by pack rat

If this can be built factory stock, it will for sure be added to my collection. I don't why? But, I'm skeptical about this one. I really hope I'm wrong, and we do get this one back in it's original form.

Scott

Sorry, I guess my post wasn't clear enough.  MPC 872 will be a reissue of the '75 annual as pictured in Casey's original post.

The stock version's parts are all present and accounted for except the plastic tires which will be replaced by vinyl tires.  A couple of bits had to be retooled for the custom version as well.    

Sorry, I guess my post wasn't clear enough.  MPC 872 will be a reissue of the '75 annual as pictured in Casey's original post.

The stock version's parts are all present and accounted for except the plastic tires which will be replaced by vinyl tires.  A couple of bits had to be retooled for the custom version as well.    

Cool, can't wait, thanks for the heads up Mike!

Very good. Since that's the case, I'll be buying one.

Scott

This is great news ! Nothing short of amazing that Round2 is going to rework and reissue the stock version of the popular Datsun Pickup ! Truly , I'd like to see the small V8 find its way into this issue ; the camper shell from the c.1978 version , too ( BlackHawk  , IIRC ) .

Now , where's the tooling for the excellent MPC 1980's Toyota Celica / Supra ? One of their finest kits , ever .