Model Cars Magazine Forum

Superbee (quick NNL east theme build)

exesivefire

We kind of last minute decided to go to NNL East again this year. And since we are going I wanted to have more than one build to bring with me. This year's theme is "hot rods from hell" and I thought I could start a fun curbside and get it done before then. 

I am trying to use parts/kits that I otherwise might not use and found this kit in my stash missing some important parts. However all the body and interior pieces were there so it was a perfect candidate. Originally I was going for the pro-street look but using dually rear tires instead of slicks in the back. That idea never made it to far, maybe it was too close to the original Idea? 

Then today I started tinkering and noticed the AMT snaptite blazer chassis just about fell in place (I only had to trim a bit at the front) after that things started moving forward and I was making progress! 

Blazer chassis in, wheels and tires fitted, ride height set and the wheel openings massaged for those big tires. You may also note some plating / panels I started on too. 

95CBD2B5-FC17-4541-9525-977E530C0A1D_zps

22823442-BF90-43F4-8007-7B1C8CFA3933_zps

A diamond plated hood scoop seemed appropriate 

1D96036D-4776-4ABD-9DC6-6D7B8E743AC2_zps

That's all for now.. don't anticipate anything mind blowing here, just having fun with this one.

Edited by exesivefire

Cool!  Glad you decided to come to NNL East and participate in the theme build.  You have it right, this one is just for fun.  We try to pick themes that people can be a little less serious!   Also make sure your friends bring models to display.  

Everyone who registers models will get a special gift item with NNL East logo!  And those who don't bring models won't, no matter how much they whine!  We do this to entice more folks to display models.  We keep metrics on number of attendees VS number displaying models and that's one we are working on improving.