Model Cars Magazine Forum

MIA kind of!

I just wanted to announce that my modeling will be some what limited for a while. I never make a big deal about things on the web. But after almost six months of unemployment I am pleased to say I am returning to the work force! I will be a Project Superintendent for a large construction company, building projects throughout the mid-west. I'll most likely be in the same location for a year at a time, making home on weekends. Once settled I hope to set up a temporary work bench. But in the mean time I'll be checking in as much as possible. Thanks to all the members here...

Best regards James.

Congratulations on the new job! Maybe your travels will get you in range of a few different model clubs. Get out there, make new friends.

Very true!  Just let people on the board know where you are at any given time and I"m sure there will be people to get together with, clubs and maybe even shows to attend.

Congrats on the new job!  I know the "out of work" thing a bit too well myself!   :blink:

Congratulations on the new job. As for the hobby, it saved my life when I was gone for months at a time. I had a suitcase with my tools, paint etc and I used to build in my motel room to stay out of the bars.

That would be the plan...

First week went well, helping out at the old Owens Corning Fiberglass building in Toledo. A 30mil renovation. Just learning how they do things really. 

Hotel life is no life at all but once I start my own project I'll have better options for housing.

No build time so far though, but I don't seem to mind! I check in here daily...

Just be lucky you don't have a roommate that snores like a freight train...lol

My wife resembles that remark.    Glad to hear the new job is working out.  When I started work in Pennsylvania, I was here alone for the first year. My wife stayed in NJ in our old house since my younger daughter was in her senior year of college.  I would leave work every Friday and drive home, and return to PA either Sunday evening or  Monday morning.  You get into a routine.  And I did a bunch of building.