Model Cars Magazine Forum

Update on Revell Model A Coupe and Roadster kits

tim boyd

Well maybe now I can find someone that has two they might be willing to sell in the original box art. One to collect and one to build, like I did on the roadsters.

Don't worry, there will still be shady types that will keep boosting the prices on the current releases and trying to sell them as rare collector versions since they are now officially discontinued. ???

Edited by horsepower

Daddyfink, according to Tim's post announcing this the new kit will have a new kit number. I guess I worded it incorrectly for what I wanted to try to get.

Horsepower the new releases will have a new kit number so the shady types will be easy to spot.

Cool. Now maybe we can have 15 more pages of speculation and rumors about the new boxes.  ;)

I heard that there's an international conspiracy to do with the boxes and that someone in China doodled on the box art so they couldn't color copy the boxes anymore.  It's a secret tho

I would assume they would change the box art so they can advertise them as 'NEW!'...otherwise, it would be a hard sell to push them unchanged.

just curious,  why would you think it hard to "push" them?  They were already selling very well before they became a hot ticket item to markup.  

Actually if they made changes to the mold it is smart to change the part number. When theey issued the charger with the chopped top they didn't change the partnumber and there was no way to determine if one was getting the kit with the revised body. 

That makes perfect since, if they do indeed change anything. I just could not understand why they would sell any differently if the kit was released same as before with no changes.

That makes perfect since, if they do indeed change anything. I just could not understand why they would sell any differently if the kit was released same as before with no changes.

it wouldn't be perceived as 'new' by the average modeler if they used the old box art.     New box art would help differentiate it from the previous issue.  

They're trying out round boxes. The delay was retooling kit so the trees would fit in the new boxes.  

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe next they can try round tubes, like Quaker Oats! Maybe THAT would work! :lol:

• 1 month later...