Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Q2/Q3 Flyer

The wheels shown on the prototype are the Road Wheels ( colloq. , "Magnum 500s" ) , and are not factory-correct for a Hemi powered car from 1970 , as 15" wheels were standard / mandatory when the Hemi Package was ordered . Plymouth & Dodge Road Wheels were 14" . However , this didn't stop the dealers from adding the fancier Road Wheels as a sales tactic .

15" Rallye Wheels are the ones that you're thinking of . It was either those or plain steelies with hubcaps (which were standard fare) .

14" wheels were in fact  avail on 1970  Hemi powered B  bodies ( I edited to add the year )

Hemi car wheels are 

1966-67  are 7.75- 14 , blue lines in 1966 and redlines in 1967

F70-15 is the only tire option in 1968 and 1969  on a Hemi car , avail in either a white or red pin stripe

F70-14 is standard on 1970 avail as a white pinstripe or raised white letters   , F60-15 is optional on 1970 avail as a raised white letters only

G60-15 is the only tire avail on 1971 hemi powered B bodies.

Edited by gtx6970

Pretty sure they will be, cuz I don't see them tooling up, two new side cavities just for that, not to mention possible work on the core, to avoid sink marks in those covers, so I'm confident that they will be add on items.

The only thing that makes me worry is the argument that some people voiced with the body mistake with the Chevrolet 150 that it could be something as simple as someone put the wrong body side molds in the tooling. If they can make a Bel-Air out of a 150 by putting a different piece in the tool it won't be hard to take a standard Charger body and make it an R/T.

The only thing that makes me worry is the argument that some people voiced with the body mistake with the Chevrolet 150 that it could be something as simple as someone put the wrong body side molds in the tooling. If they can make a Bel-Air out of a 150 by putting a different piece in the tool it won't be hard to take a standard Charger body and make it an R/T.

It all boils down to investment costs, if it's more economical to do separate scoops, or do 2 extra body cavities, which due to their shape maybe some adjustments on the core.

On the '57 kits the side trim differs enough, to warrant a pair of new side inserts, the rest of the body is the same shape-wise.

About the wrong body in the 150 kit, IMHO it was a QC problem, one guy forgot to check the set-up requirements of the tool and QC didn't pull a packaged shot (shipping ready kit) to compare with a "master kit".

Edited by Luc Janssens

I dig the 2 foose rides.. and the suburban ain't to bad either. The charger's ok. The Torino don't do anything for me, except for that rockin color lol... But with it and the addition of the 83 Cutlass a year or so ago, I am glad they are dipping into the mid 70s and 80s a little more. Couple rides from that era I would absolutely LOVE to see Revell produce...

But all in all, another good offering from Revell. I appreciate it... And thanks for taking the pics and uploading them for us to take a gander, niteowl.

Edited by KWT

Thanks for the pics, James!

Looks like the taillamps on the Charger are a one piece unit, and you'd have to paint the center piece (portion) black.

BTW what's the deal on the Suburban, meaning is it a tail-lift gate or doors out back?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Edited by Luc Janssens

Hey, glad somebody got some pics! Thanks!

Looks like they got the taillights of the 70 Charger wrong, but in a good way.  They're really still 2 lights with the sheetmetal divider painted black and the trim just makes it look like one unit. 

1970-dodge-charger-rear.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow

That Porsche race car caught my eye; did anyone know that one was coming?  Any idea if its a reissue of a Revell of Germany kit, anything like that or something completely new?  Wonder if it has a complete engine in it or is more of a curbside.

Edited by '70 Grande
typo

That Porsche race car caught my eye; did anyone know that one was coming?  Any idea if its a reissue of a Revell of Germany kit, anything like that or something completely new?  Wonder if it has a complete engine in it or is more of a curbside.

Completely new...

Porsche 934 RSR Jägermeister

csm_07031__I_PORSCHE_934_RSR_JAEGERMEIST

Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant

csm_07032__I_PORSCHE_934_RSR_VAILLANT_09

Like Luc said it's an all new RevellAG tooling,  it was supposed to come out before the end of 2016, but I'm not sure it's even out in Germany, let alone here in the U.S.

Thanks for the pics, James!

Looks like the taillamps on the Charger are a one piece unit, and you'd have to paint the center piece (portion) black.

BTW what's the deal on the Suburban, meaning is it a tail-lift gate or doors out back?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Burban is barn doors in the back. 

I have no hard proof, but my guess is the little black section of the taillamps will be a decal. Remember final decal sheets aren't available for building the test shot, especially given the '70 is a 3Q kit and not due out for awhile.

Thx James for the Charger tail light panel shot.............. looks like Revell may add trim later ?

tlp1.jpg

tlp.jpg

Edited by Mr mopar

Nice to see your respect of the builds Ed was gracious enough to bring. At the Milwaukee NNL there were enough morons picking them up and handling the kits as though they were brought solely for there own entertainment. If I were Ed I'd think twice about bringing those to some shows. They aren't built for free out of the goodness of someone's heart.

Oh yeah Michael! At the Moebius table there was a fellow that just up and picked up one of the models as if it were his! :o

He was very sternly told by Dave to not pick them up! I don't get it with some folks! The fellow did apologize for picking them up.....logic should dictate that you don't have any idea how they're put together. They could just be "mocked up" for all we know and the whole thing could come apart!

We gt those "pickers" at all our contests - even with signs that clearly say DO NOT TOUCH.  Adults are worse than little kids.  One guy came by when we ran a display with a 1:1 car show and just started picking up builds.  We told him to stop and asked if he had a car in the show.  He said yes but wouldn't tell us what car.  We were going to go over to it, open the doors, sit, relax.

Luckily, niteowl and I were able to take pictures without manhandling them. I have several more detail pics to post, but my WiFi is down, and they're not uploading over the phone anyore. Hopefully niteowl or martinfan can post them for me.