Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1:25 Kenworth K-100 Aerodyne

Force

I just saw Revell plan to reissue the K-100 Aerodyne for the second or third quarter 2017.
I hope they will fix the K-100 flat top "issues" with the cab and plating for this release.

Edited by Force

I just saw Revell plan to reissue the K-100 Aerodyne for the second or third quarter 2017.
I hope they will fix the K-100 flat top "issues" with the cab and plating for this release.

Cool!! Any link/artwork to this info?

I just wish the Aerodyne kit had the correct dash, They all seem to have the early K100 layout but not the correct Aerodyne dash layout

Can't wait!

There was a flyer for the 2nd and 3rd quarter posted on the Spotlight Hobbies board on Friday and it's also here http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/122284-revell-q2q3-flyer/.
I don't know the difference between the dashes as I haven't researched the subject that deep, but after what I know the only difference between the Revell K-100 flat top and the Aerodyne is the roof section.

Edited by Force

• 1 month later...

That'd be nice. I want to do the BJ and the Bear rig!!!!

yea, the older kits of the aerodyne are WAYYY to expensive!

ive always wanted to build BJ's K100 ever since I saw the movie, but again, the kits were WAYYY to expensive for me to afford.

yea, the older kits of the aerodyne are WAYYY to expensive!

ive always wanted to build BJ's K100 ever since I saw the movie, but again, the kits were WAYYY to expensive for me to afford.

right, that's why I haven't yet.... too much cash now, hopefully it'll come back out again!!!!!

Great news indeed!

Surely the best KW K100 Aerodyne kit ever, beautiful model, remember getting the the kit back in 1983 (with real rubber Michelins/gray smoked tinted windows!): was totally amazed back then (Opening doors, steerable wheels, fully detailed interior, removable top section...TV set!), the built up on original 1982 box top looked amazing:

114987-10592.jpg