• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Porsche Gluebomb Refurbish

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Great job!!!!

Thank you my friend, good to hear from you :D

Posted

Thank you. Sorry again about those enormous photos

That specific material is Structur 2 SC by Voco... a self curing composite material for crown and bridge.

It is an auto mix syringe type delivery so allows you to squirt right into a channel in the mould.... vs spatula mixing which dentistry has moved away from in many cases

The products are not cheap, but are readily available to me, so I used what I have. Worked OK ish

Thanks! I know they aren't cheap and hadn't even contemplated using the temporary materials for this. Good idea! I have used restorative composites in the past but was limited by the light penetration. It  didn't dawn on me to use a self cure resin for this. Its so obvious now (I should quit my job lol). 

Posted

The engine detailing is nice, lot better looking then mine.  Hope to finish mine this weekend but time will tell....Will post pics

Posted

IMG_2728.thumb.JPG.d3ba7006d353f00b9798cIMG_2725.thumb.JPG.a16563507328d840f7884IMG_2726.thumb.JPG.52c1a809a18dc2927720dIMG_2727.thumb.JPG.cd46c8bdb0638de4f51fbSo I am back at this build while I avoid house work and other projects I need to finish

Made progress with the rear deck and will likely pose it open to show the engine and hide my questionable fitment.

Will make brake disks, shift linkage and turnable front wheels...that is the plan at least

Posted

These are the last bits into the Easy Off Gel Oven Cleaner

The chrome on the Fuchs wheels came off immediately!!!

IMG_2729.thumb.JPG.1e5137c34fc9249c22656

Posted

Working on the underbelly...front and rear suspension. 

I added brass pins to the front wheel assembly and some aluminum inserts to the front wheel arms for strength and a positive seat. This lets the wheels steer, just have to devise a tie rod between the wheels now.

Rear has new brass shocks, not much else.

Both will get disk brakes and rotors of some sortIMG_2750.thumb.JPG.56359439711e10f007350

Posted

I like where this is going. 

Posted

Wow, you have my respect and admiration for that effort! I have a small collection of 1/24 Fujimi 911 kits from '67 to '85 911s, I bought in order to mix parts and make a few 911s that don't exist in kit form. As a result I have many spare parts! Drop me a line if you're looking for something in particular, I'd be glad to make a donation if I can.  Also - Scale Production makes a nice line of 911 parts: bumper retrofits, headlight and tail light retrofits, wheels, seats, even straight race headers. Hard to find but there is also a seller from OZ on Ebay who deals in Scale Production parts.

Posted

Wow, what an offer. You are a god send

Will do a bit of inventory and see if I have anything I cannot salvage or modify

I think I will go with the rear deck and wing  I have cast, just want to see how that resin takes paint

Thank you again

Posted

I like where this is going. 

Thanks, not the easy route, but a fun exercise

Have been working on the tie rod. Copied the plastic tubing and replaced with telescoping brass. I am being lazy and using CA glue instead of silver soldering which I just don't feel like doing for it.

Just need to link the rod to either side with a pivot, hmmm gotta think on that a bitIMG_2752.thumb.JPG.70667f606249e944ba1be

IMG_2751.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

Posted

I LOVE to see old models brought back, and this is moving along nicely. That steering rack is pretty slick, too. Nice work.

Posted

I LOVE to see old models brought back, and this is moving along nicely. That steering rack is pretty slick, too. Nice work.

Cheers Bill, thanks for the comment 

Happy Friday