Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yellow Enzo

eddie

if you'll remember my first post, a 66 mustang dragster...not too impressive.

well here is my second build, a Yellow Enzo Ferrari, Revell. it was a tough one, some parts were warped out of the box, had to dip in boiling water. one thing that bugs me is that the glue fogged up under the headlights. i guess the fumes were stuck under the glass. other than that, im pretty happy with it. i think im gonna try the tamiya kit sometime in the future.

enjoy, let me know what you think!

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

That looks awesome. Love the yellow.

Tip for the headlights, either use Elmers white glue or use superglue. They shouldn't fog up with those 2 glues.

believe it or not, i used super glue all the way around. it still fogged up. i dont know what happened. im think maybe i my finger oils reacted with the fumes and caused the fogging.

any ideas on cleaning it off, cause i think i can pry them out and reglue?

believe it or not, i used super glue all the way around. it still fogged up. i dont know what happened. im think maybe i my finger oils reacted with the fumes and caused the fogging.

any ideas on cleaning it off, cause i think i can pry them out and reglue?

Probably a dip in the purple pond but I am not sure if that will get rid of superglue. Use white glue next time.

Looks good.

Yeah I never use CA for clear. I don't like using CA to start with. Micro Scale Krystal Clear is good stuff for clear.

The Tamiya kit is a wonderful kit - it is much more involved than the Revell.

It done now, and not coming off.

Edited by CAL

B) Yeah,Eddie, Yellow looks great on that car.No, sorry theres no comin back from super glue fogging.You might try sanding it back down to semi clear if there not too bad, but can you get them out without breakin em?(the lenses).If you can, try brushin on some future floor polish on em, that might bring back some of the transparency(after you sand em back out) :D

Very nice work but super glue and clear plastic don't get along, I like to also use Future floor wax, holds pretty good. I did fing some Gel super glue that worked with clear plastic but I liked the Future option!! B):D

All Super/CA Glues will fog a clear plastic, as they all exspell a fog when drying.... The only real way to break a Super/CA Glue bond, would be to use a Finger Nail Polish remover to the joints... The Down side to the Polish Remover, would be that it would also remove any of your paint in that area, or where it comes in contact with....

Personally I would do like a Dark or Smoke type tint to the Headlight covers, after you have masked off the surrounding surfaces.... That way you will get a nice contrast that hides the inside fogging, and it will also look like the popular Smoked/Tinted Lights on todays cars(Also shoot a lighter smoke/tint on the tails, for a Blacked Out effect!!).... Just be sure youre ready when you get pulled over, if you go too dark ;):blink:

All Super/CA Glues will fog a clear plastic, as they all exspell a fog when drying.... The only real way to break a Super/CA Glue bond, would be to use a Finger Nail Polish remover to the joints... The Down side to the Polish Remover, would be that it would also remove any of your paint in that area, or where it comes in contact with....

Personally I would do like a Dark or Smoke type tint to the Headlight covers, after you have masked off the surrounding surfaces.... That way you will get a nice contrast that hides the inside fogging, and it will also look like the popular Smoked/Tinted Lights on todays cars(Also shoot a lighter smoke/tint on the tails, for a Blacked Out effect!!).... Just be sure youre ready when you get pulled over, if you go too dark :):mellow:

not a bad idea...i think ill try that...what kind of paint would i use to make a tint effect?

Here you go Eddie, just look for a can of this

tesr2949.jpg

Found here, and other well stocked hobby and craft shops....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...&I=TESR2949

It's a Transparent Smoke Clear.... Tamiya also has had a line of transparencies for years, they actually come in a variety of colors.....

Just like a regular color, you want to start with a light mist, and then just gradually apply it for the desired darkness....

Edited by Dragon7665

• 4 weeks later...