Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 R/T Conversion

High octane

Using the Revell 1/24th Super Bee kit, I converted it to the R/T model. The paint is PPG lacquer and of course I used BMF. I kept the 6-Pack hood as well. This is a "stripe delete" car and I used the wheels, tires, and dog dishes from Fireball Models as well as the 750 cfm electric choke carb. The intake manifold is a reworked resin piece. Notice the raised lettering on the sidewalls are to scale and don't look like bill boards. I added valve stems, seat belts, antenna, and exhaust tips as well. The R/T emblems (decals) are from Mike's Scale Speed Shop and the front emblem on the grille was from the '68 Charger kit.

A great looking conversion!  Your paintwork looks outstanding!  Tell us alittle bit more about how you made the conversions to the body; is that tailight panel scratchbuilt?  Like to see some front-end and rear-end pics from a lower camera-angle, too!

A great looking conversion!  Your paintwork looks outstanding!  Tell us alittle bit more about how you made the conversions to the body; is that tailight panel scratchbuilt?  Like to see some front-end and rear-end pics from a lower camera-angle, too!

Mark, that tail light panel is from Hart's Parts. The R/T emblems on the quarter panels are decals from Mike's Scale Speed Shop and I put an R/T emblem on the grille from the '68 Charger kit. The 440 engine is the standard engine for the R/T with a 4-bbl carb so I ditched the Six-Pack set up. I didn't have any suitable stock exhaust tips, so I just made some from aluminum tubing. The dog dish hub caps were finished with Spaz-Stix.

Should the rear wheels stick out like that ? Great conversion looks great in that colour

They are a "tad" too wide as they're 295's. I've seen 275's on a 1:1 R/T and they're just right. Unfortunately Chief Joseph doesn't make 275's. The front tires are also a tad too wide. Notice how the raised white letters on the tires are to scale and don't look like bill boards.